Jun 7, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
The Indians’ closer-by-committee has been working well, but manager Terry Francona wants John Axford to take over the closer’s role eventually.
Jun 7, 2014, 5:35 PM EST
Johnny Football is now a member of the San Diego Padres. No, seriously.
Jun 7, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Chad Billingsley, who underwent Tommy John surgery in April 2013, will take another step towards returning to the Dodgers on Sunday when he begins a rehab assignment.
Jun 7, 2014, 3:47 PM EST
The Tigers don’t yet know who’s playing shortstop tonight against the Red Sox.
Jun 7, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Kendrys Morales has finally found a home. It’s in Minnesota.
Jun 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Reds first baseman Joey Votto will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Louisville on Sunday.
Jun 7, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
The Rays designated the troublesome Josh Lueke for assignment on Saturday and recalled Kirby Yates from Triple-A Durham.
Jun 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Jedd Gyorko has not enjoyed his 2014 season. The Padres have placed him on the 15-day disabled list with plantar fasciitis.
Jun 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Kendrys Morales can add another suitor to the list now that he is no longer attached to draft pick compensation.
Jun 6, 2014, 9:33 PM EST
Triple plays are fun. The Cardinals turned one on Friday night against the Blue Jays.
Jun 6, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Phillies once sold Tyson Gillies as the center fielder of the future. On Friday, they outrighted him from the 40-man roster.
Jun 6, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Good news has been hard to come by for the Rangers, but they could get Derek Holland back at the end of June or the beginning of July.
Jun 6, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Bad news for Johan Santana: he tore his Achilles tendon.
Jun 6, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Bryce Harper has gotten creative as he rehabs his injured left thumb. The outfielder plans to play lots of Playstation until he makes his return.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Giants get a familiar face back from the disabled list just in time to make tonight’s start against the Mets.
Jun 1, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Marlon Byrd broke his bat without making contact with a baseball (or a knee).
Jun 1, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
The Pirates added some bullpen depth on Sunday evening by picking up Wirfin Obispo off of waivers from the Braves.
Jun 1, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Mark Buehrle reached double digits in wins on Sunday against the Royals while lowering his ERA to 2.10. He’s been enjoying a very productive season for the Blue Jays.
Jun 1, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Orioles fans were anxiously awaiting the results of Nelson Cruz’s x-rays after he was hit on the hand with a pitch Sunday afternoon, but he is listed as day-to-day with a hand contusion.
Jun 1, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Stephen Drew will make his season debut with the Red Sox on Monday against the Indians.
Jun 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The poor beat writers for the Mets and Phillies have been subjected to so much mediocre baseball between the two clubs lately.
May 31, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos captured baseball’s elusive five-ball walk on Friday against the Rangers.
May 31, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
All’s quiet on the Pablo Sandoval contract extension front.
May 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
It may be 2014, but Ryan Howard was able to reach another offensive milestone on Saturday against the Mets.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)