Oct 5, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
Fernando Tatis, the only player to ever hit two grand slams in one inning, has officially retired from baseball.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The Royals are 12 defensive outs away from sweeping the Angels and advancing to the ALCS to face the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Nationals manager Matt Williams is considering putting Ryan Zimmerman in the lineup for Game 3 of the NLDS against the Giants and Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Torii Hunter told the media, after his Tigers were swept out of the ALDS by the Orioles, that he is considering retirement.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
Oct 5, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Orioles took a 2-0 lead in the sixth inning of ALDS Game 3 against the Tigers thanks to Nelson Cruz’s two-run home run off of David Price.
Oct 5, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
Alex Avila took a foul ball off of his facemask and was forced to leave ALDS Game 3 in the sixth inning.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
The Dodgers were able to even up the NLDS at 1-1 thanks to Matt Kemp’s go-ahead solo home run in the eighth inning of Game 2 on Saturday night.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
The Cardinals and Dodgers traded late homers, but it was Matt Kemp’s solo shot in the bottom of the eighth that allowed the Dodgers to emerge victorious, evening the NLDS at 1-1.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 AM EDT
Can anybody stop Matt Carpenter in October?
Oct 5, 2014, 12:16 AM EDT
Brandon Belt was the offensive hero for the Giants in Game 2 of the NLDS on Saturday night, breaking an 18th-inning 1-1 tie with a solo home run.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
We’re in the 18th in Washington, D.C.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
New Diamondbacks GM Dave Stewart says “you have to like” Mark Trumbo. Do we really?
Oct 4, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
The Dodgers scored a pair of runs in the third inning after benefiting from a reviewed tag play.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
David Waldstein of the New York Times explains post-season shares and how important they can be to many involved with a playoff team.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
Nationals second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and manager Matt Williams were both ejected in the bottom of the 10th inning for arguing balls and strikes.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
Yet more drama in the 2014 post-season: the Giants seemed destined to be victims of a Jordan Zimmermann shutout, but rallied with two outs in the ninth to send Game 2 of the NLDS into extra innings.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Yadier Molina shoved home plate umpire Jerry Meals to get closer to Adrian Gonzalez during an argument.
Oct 4, 2014, 7:09 PM EDT
We have a pitcher’s duel in Washington, D.C. for Game 2 of the NLDS between the Giants and Nationals.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Some are suggesting that Clayton Kershaw’s woes against the Cardinals on Friday night were caused by the lefty tipping his pitches.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Lance Lynn opposes Zack Greinke on the mound in Game 2 of the NLDS in Los Angeles.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 23
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)