May 31, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Ruben Tejada shocked the baseball world by homering on Saturday against the Phillies.
May 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Nelson Cruz has been among baseball’s best hitters through the first two months of the season.
May 31, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Marcus Stroman was impressive in his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals, but he felt that the Blue Jays’ offense was way more impressive.
May 31, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
The Astros were easily the unlikeliest team to go on a seven-game winning streak. Well, you’ll never guess what happened.
May 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
David Ortiz made some stirring comments about David Price to the media after Friday’s game. Price responded on Saturday.
May 31, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Another month, more injury-related news regarding Yankees starter Michael Pineda.
May 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Slugger Jose Abreu is on track to return to the White Sox on Monday.
May 30, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado won’t need surgery to repair a left mallet finger fracture.
May 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
One of the rarer plays in baseball, Jose Bautista has made a 9-3 putout in consecutive games.
May 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
After a brief stint in the Blue Jays’ bullpen, Marcus Stroman will make his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals.
May 30, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
New Royals hitting coach Dale Sveum offers up a theory on the team’s offensive futility.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 30, 2014, 9:28 PM EST
At long last, Cardinals prospect Oscar Taveras is on his way to the big leagues.
May 30, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
ESPN’s Dodgers beat writer Mark Saxon suggests the team should shift Hanley Ramirez from shortstop to third base.
May 30, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman could be back in the Nationals’ starting lineup as soon as Tuesday.
May 30, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
After designating him for assignment last week, the Pirates placed Wandy Rodriguez on unconditional release waivers on Friday.
May 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Giants hoped Matt Cain would feel well enough to start on Saturday against the Cardinals, but the team scratched him due to lingering discomfort in his hamstring. Yusmeiro Petit will start in his place.
May 25, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Padres designated two pitchers, Blaine Boyer and Billy Buckner, for assignment on Sunday to make room for Tommy Medica and Troy Patton.
May 25, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Sans Prince Fielder, the Rangers are looking to fill the void at first base. Tyler Moore could be one option for them.
May 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Dee Gordon swiped a pair of bases in support of Josh Beckett as he threw a no-hitter against the Phillies on Sunday. He could do something that hasn’t been done in 26 years.
May 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
What are the odds that a minor leaguer’s first home run at a new level would be caught by his own parent? Conrad Gregor defied them on Saturday night.
May 25, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Chris Colabello has been slumping badly since late April. The Twins demoted him to Triple-A on Sunday in the hopes that he can rediscover his swing.
May 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
Eric Young Jr. is expected to hit the 15-day DL and Matt den Dekker will take his place.
May 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Nelson Cruz blasted his 16th home run of the season on Sunday against the Indians to become baseball’s current home run leader.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)