Jan 5, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
James Shields has a five-year, $110 million offer from an unknown team according to a report from Ken Rosenthal.
Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe provides some more information detailing how concussions affected Dan Uggla over the last two years.
Jan 4, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
The Marlins are showing interest in James Shields, though they still hope Dan Haren shows up to spring training.
Jan 4, 2015, 7:47 PM EST
White Sox second base prospect Micah Johnson wants to be a general manager when his playing career is over. He’ll battle for the starting 2B job this spring.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EST
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Jan 3, 2015, 10:22 PM EST
Back problems have kept Oswaldo Arcia out of the lineup in the Venezuelan Winter League. Arcia suffered from back problems in the second half of the regular season as well.
Jan 3, 2015, 8:17 PM EST
Ricky Romero could put himself back into consideration this spring after undergoing knee surgery.
Jan 3, 2015, 7:11 PM EST
It’ll be a little while longer until the Orioles’ one-year, $2.25 million deal with Delmon Young becomes official as he has to pass a physical first.
Jan 3, 2015, 6:07 PM EST
The Angels will eventually try to trade Josh Hamilton, MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez writes.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 PM EST
No James Shields or Max Scherzer for the Giants, but Ben Zobrist remains an option according to a recent report.
Jan 2, 2015, 6:06 PM EST
Alex Gordon had wrist surgery earlier this week, but he should be good to go by Opening Day.
Jan 1, 2015, 5:50 PM EST
The Yankees traded former top prospect Manny Banuelos to the Braves for pitchers David Carpenter and Chasen Shreve.
Jan 1, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Hiroki Kuroda had an offer from the Padres before ultimately deciding to return to Japan, according to a report.
Jan 1, 2015, 3:09 PM EST
Cubs pitching prospect Rhee Dae-eun has been acquired by the Chiba Lotte Marines.
Jan 1, 2015, 1:47 PM EST
John Gibbons has guaranteed paychecks through at least 2016 now.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EST
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
Jan 1, 2015, 10:22 AM EST
Max Scherzer is thought to have been out of the Tigers’ price range, but a recent report indicates that the Tigers haven’t ruled out bringing him back.
Jan 1, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
With Marlon Byrd out of the picture, the Phillies could move Domonic Brown back to his original position in right field.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:08 AM EST
The Diamondbacks ensured they would have infield versatility in 2015, avoiding arbitration with Cliff Pennington for $3.275 million.
Dec 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
The Indians would like to trade Nick Swisher but he’s owed a lot of money over the next two seasons, which complicates things.
Dec 28, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny will likely bat Jason Heyward second behind Matt Carpenter to begin the 2015 season.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Derek Jeter may have helped Penn State squeak out a victory over Boston College in the Pinstripe Bowl on Saturday.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Heath Bell is looking to hang on with the Nationals in 2015, and he’ll earn at least $1 million.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Brett Anderson signing should become official at some point next week, at long last.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
The Braves’ one-year deal with catcher A.J. Pierzynski is for $2 million.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)