Jun 6, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Triple plays are fun. The Cardinals turned one on Friday night against the Blue Jays.
Jun 6, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Phillies once sold Tyson Gillies as the center fielder of the future. On Friday, they outrighted him from the 40-man roster.
Jun 6, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Good news has been hard to come by for the Rangers, but they could get Derek Holland back at the end of June or the beginning of July.
Jun 6, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Bad news for Johan Santana: he tore his Achilles tendon.
Jun 6, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has gotten creative as he rehabs his injured left thumb. The outfielder plans to play lots of Playstation until he makes his return.
Jun 6, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Giants get a familiar face back from the disabled list just in time to make tonight’s start against the Mets.
Jun 1, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Marlon Byrd broke his bat without making contact with a baseball (or a knee).
Jun 1, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
The Pirates added some bullpen depth on Sunday evening by picking up Wirfin Obispo off of waivers from the Braves.
Jun 1, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle reached double digits in wins on Sunday against the Royals while lowering his ERA to 2.10. He’s been enjoying a very productive season for the Blue Jays.
Jun 1, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Orioles fans were anxiously awaiting the results of Nelson Cruz’s x-rays after he was hit on the hand with a pitch Sunday afternoon, but he is listed as day-to-day with a hand contusion.
Jun 1, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Stephen Drew will make his season debut with the Red Sox on Monday against the Indians.
Jun 1, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The poor beat writers for the Mets and Phillies have been subjected to so much mediocre baseball between the two clubs lately.
May 31, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Nationals catcher Wilson Ramos captured baseball’s elusive five-ball walk on Friday against the Rangers.
May 31, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
All’s quiet on the Pablo Sandoval contract extension front.
May 31, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
It may be 2014, but Ryan Howard was able to reach another offensive milestone on Saturday against the Mets.
May 31, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Ruben Tejada shocked the baseball world by homering on Saturday against the Phillies.
May 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz has been among baseball’s best hitters through the first two months of the season.
May 31, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman was impressive in his first big league start on Saturday against the Royals, but he felt that the Blue Jays’ offense was way more impressive.
May 31, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Astros were easily the unlikeliest team to go on a seven-game winning streak. Well, you’ll never guess what happened.
May 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
David Ortiz made some stirring comments about David Price to the media after Friday’s game. Price responded on Saturday.
May 31, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Another month, more injury-related news regarding Yankees starter Michael Pineda.
May 30, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Slugger Jose Abreu is on track to return to the White Sox on Monday.
May 30, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado won’t need surgery to repair a left mallet finger fracture.
May 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
One of the rarer plays in baseball, Jose Bautista has made a 9-3 putout in consecutive games.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)