Oct 19, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
A.J. Pierzynski wants to play baseball again in 2015, it just won’t be with the Cardinals.
Oct 19, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s song “Royals” until the World Series is over.
Oct 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Athletics lost hitting coach Chili Davis to the Red Sox on Sunday. They are now showing interest in Dave Hansen to fill the position.
Oct 19, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
It appears the Red Sox have a new hitting coach in former major leaguer Chili Davis.
Oct 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Tim Lincecum woke up with a stiff neck and cut his workout short on Saturday, but is still expected to be ready when the World Series starts on Tuesday.
Oct 18, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Rangers starter Colby Lewis suffered an elbow injury which marred his 2012-13 seasons, and he struggled mightily in 2014, but that isn’t stopping GM Jon Daniels in his pursuit to keep the right-hander in Arlington.
Oct 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
The Tigers have quickly filled the void left by top scout Mike Russell, who joined the Diamondbacks, adding Dave Littlefield into the mix.
Oct 18, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
In Adam LaRoche’s ideal world, he would finish out the rest of his career with the Nationals. Unfortunately for him, the Nationals are expected to move Ryan Zimmerman to first base.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Domonic Brown thinks he’ll be able to find a starting job if the Phillies aren’t interested in keeping him around in 2015.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The baseball world wasn’t the only one surprised that it was Travis Ishikawa who hit a walk-off home run to send the Giants into the World Series. Ishikawa still isn’t sure it was him, either.
Oct 18, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The man who generously gave Travis Ishikawa his NLCS-winning home run ball has been rewarded by the Giants with four tickets to Game 3 of the World Series at AT&T Park.
Oct 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner and Jake Peavy will start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 17, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Denard Span hopes he’s wearing a Nationals uniform again in 2015. The Nationals can choose to exercise a $9 million option for the 2015 season, but they aren’t likely to make a decision until after the World Series concludes.
Oct 17, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
New manager Jeff Banister brings an understanding of analytics to the clubhouse and dugout, and the Rangers are likely to dedicate even more resources to analytics going forward.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Brian Roberts has decided to end his 14-year baseball career.
Oct 17, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Cardinals aren’t expected to retain the services of any of the five players headed into free agency once the World Series is over. Fortunately, none of the five are key contributors.
Oct 17, 2014, 8:12 PM EST
Joe Posnanski compares the 2014 Royals to the Royals teams of the recent past. There’s a vast ocean between them.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 17, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Rays promoted Chaim Bloom and Erik Neander to VP of Baseball Operations, the latest in a series of moves after Andrew Friedman left to join the Dodgers.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:07 AM EST
Watch the rocket Kolten Wong hit to tie up the NLCS at 1-1 for the Cardinals against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong ended a back-and-forth affair in Game 2 of the NLCS with a walk-off solo home run to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:47 PM EST
The Giants tied the game in the top of the ninth inning of NLCS Game 2 in an unusual way.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
The middle innings haven’t been kind to the Cardinals in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:24 PM EST
Yadier Molina left in the sixth inning of NLCS Game 2 with an injury.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:14 PM EST
Hunter Pence tied the game up with an RBI single in the sixth inning as the Giants pieced together a two-out rally in Game 2 of the NLCS.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)