Jan 11, 2015, 10:05 PM EST
The Marlins added some depth, signing Tyler Colvin and Scott Sizemore to minor league deals.
Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 PM EST
Red Sox fans are likely to see Hanley Ramirez cleaning up in the batting order in 2015.
Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 PM EST
The Nationals, Mets, and Rays engaged in a discussion that would have resulted in a blockbuster trade involving Ben Zobrist and Ian Desmond. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Jan 11, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
A.J. Burnett plans to retire after the 2015 season. He returned to the Pirates after signing a one-year deal in November.
Jan 11, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
The Yankees will hire Jeff Pentland and Alan Cockrell, giving them two hitting coaches for the first time.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:51 PM EST
Adam Jones and David Ortiz made a friendly wager on Saturday’s playoff game between the Ravens and Patriots. The loser would make a $5,000 donation to the winner’s charity.
Jan 10, 2015, 9:57 PM EST
CC Sabathia will start throwing bullpens at the end of January as he recovers from knee surgery last July.
Jan 10, 2015, 8:43 PM EST
Shin-Soo Choo is only a few months removed from ankle surgery, but he says he feels “too good” with spring training drawing close.
Jan 10, 2015, 7:32 PM EST
The Marlins would be thrilled if Dan Haren showed up to spring training. Haren has said he intends to pitch only on the West coast, near his home.
Jan 10, 2015, 6:24 PM EST
Two-time Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana will attempt to return to the major leagues again in 2015.
Jan 9, 2015, 11:24 PM EST
It’s not known why, but the minor league deal between the Blue Jays and Ryan Kalish has fallen through.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:37 PM EST
The Rays’ one-year deal with Asdrubal Cabrera has been made official. He’ll earn $7.5 million in 2015.
Jan 9, 2015, 9:46 PM EST
Jurickson Profar will take the next step as he progresses from a torn muscle in his shoulder suffered last spring.
Jan 9, 2015, 8:59 PM EST
Reliever John Axford is drawing a bit of interest, including from the Blue Jays.
Jan 9, 2015, 8:04 PM EST
Was Carlos Delgado overlooked on the Hall of Fame ballot?
Jan 9, 2015, 7:21 PM EST
Dodgers infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena has been outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Jan 9, 2015, 6:11 PM EST
The Cubs and Chris Denorfia have officially agreed on a one-year, $2.6 million deal.
Jan 5, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
James Shields has a five-year, $110 million offer from an unknown team according to a report from Ken Rosenthal.
Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe provides some more information detailing how concussions affected Dan Uggla over the last two years.
Jan 4, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
The Marlins are showing interest in James Shields, though they still hope Dan Haren shows up to spring training.
Jan 4, 2015, 7:47 PM EST
White Sox second base prospect Micah Johnson wants to be a general manager when his playing career is over. He’ll battle for the starting 2B job this spring.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EST
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Jan 3, 2015, 10:22 PM EST
Back problems have kept Oswaldo Arcia out of the lineup in the Venezuelan Winter League. Arcia suffered from back problems in the second half of the regular season as well.
Jan 3, 2015, 8:17 PM EST
Ricky Romero could put himself back into consideration this spring after undergoing knee surgery.
Jan 3, 2015, 7:11 PM EST
It’ll be a little while longer until the Orioles’ one-year, $2.25 million deal with Delmon Young becomes official as he has to pass a physical first.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (285)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)