Jan 3, 2015, 6:07 PM EST
The Angels will eventually try to trade Josh Hamilton, MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez writes.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 PM EST
No James Shields or Max Scherzer for the Giants, but Ben Zobrist remains an option according to a recent report.
Jan 2, 2015, 6:06 PM EST
Alex Gordon had wrist surgery earlier this week, but he should be good to go by Opening Day.
Jan 1, 2015, 5:50 PM EST
The Yankees traded former top prospect Manny Banuelos to the Braves for pitchers David Carpenter and Chasen Shreve.
Jan 1, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Hiroki Kuroda had an offer from the Padres before ultimately deciding to return to Japan, according to a report.
Jan 1, 2015, 3:09 PM EST
Cubs pitching prospect Rhee Dae-eun has been acquired by the Chiba Lotte Marines.
Jan 1, 2015, 1:47 PM EST
John Gibbons has guaranteed paychecks through at least 2016 now.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EST
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
Jan 1, 2015, 10:22 AM EST
Max Scherzer is thought to have been out of the Tigers’ price range, but a recent report indicates that the Tigers haven’t ruled out bringing him back.
Jan 1, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
With Marlon Byrd out of the picture, the Phillies could move Domonic Brown back to his original position in right field.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:08 AM EST
The Diamondbacks ensured they would have infield versatility in 2015, avoiding arbitration with Cliff Pennington for $3.275 million.
Dec 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
The Indians would like to trade Nick Swisher but he’s owed a lot of money over the next two seasons, which complicates things.
Dec 28, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny will likely bat Jason Heyward second behind Matt Carpenter to begin the 2015 season.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Derek Jeter may have helped Penn State squeak out a victory over Boston College in the Pinstripe Bowl on Saturday.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Heath Bell is looking to hang on with the Nationals in 2015, and he’ll earn at least $1 million.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Brett Anderson signing should become official at some point next week, at long last.
Dec 26, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
The Braves’ one-year deal with catcher A.J. Pierzynski is for $2 million.
Dec 26, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Rafael Furcal has suffered another injury, this time a torn hamstring which will keep him out of the Dominican Winter League playoffs.
Dec 26, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
If Wandy Rodriguez passes his physical, the Phillies are expected to sign him to a minor league deal.
Dec 26, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Jeff Manship will begin the spring with the Indians after signing a minor league deal.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
According to Peter Gammons, some GMs think the Giants will eventually trade for Ben Zobrist.
Dec 21, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Wil Myers was rumored to be a potential target for the Phillies in a trade involving Cole Hamels, but it turns out the Padres plan to hang on to him.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
Wil Ledezma will attempt to return to the major leagues with the Twins after signing a minor league deal.
Dec 21, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Marco Scutaro’s 2014 season was tarnished by a chronic back ailment. The Giants’ training staff is preparing an update on the 39-year-old and it may not be good news.
Dec 21, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
If spring training were to start today, Yankees GM Brian Cashman would have Rob Refsnyder and Jose Pirela compete for the starting job at second base.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 287
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (288)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)