Dec 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Young is coming off a nice year as a part-time player where he batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS over 255 plate appearances.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 4, 2014, 7:54 PM EST
Beachy is coming off his second Tommy John surgery and has thrown just 30 innings in the majors since June 16, 2012.
Dec 4, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Yasmani Grandal could be one of the pieces to head back to the Dodgers.
Dec 1, 2014, 11:39 PM EST
DeShields, who played 13 seasons in the majors, was the manager of the Reds’ Double-A affiliate in Pensacola this past season.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Romo is coming off an up-and-down year in which he was yanked from the Giants’ closer role.
Dec 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Beckham batted .268 with two home runs and a .758 OPS in 61 plate appearances with the Angels down the stretch.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
The Braves shed some salary when they dealt Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden to the Cardinals last month and they could shed even more if they trade Justin Upton, but it appears that they are getting priced out of the mix.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:02 PM EST
It was reported over the weekend that Hunter is considering the Orioles, Rangers, and Mariners as well as a potential reunion with the Twins.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
After coming over the Cubs in 2008, Josh Donaldson emerged as a star in Oakland.
Nov 29, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Miller has reportedly already received multiple three-year offers and is even drawing interest as a closer.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
Guzman crashed his Ford Explorer into a motorcycle in his hometown of La Vega on Tuesday morning and killed the driver, 27-year-old Eleazar Garcia.
Nov 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Many were caught off guard by the big Josh Donaldson trade with the Blue Jays last night. Athletics GM Billy Beane did his best to explain his rationale.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 10, 2014, 11:22 PM EST
The Royals have reportedly discussed Ryan Howard as a possibility to replace Billy Butler at DH.
Nov 10, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com heard from one rival executive at the general managers’ meetings today that the Phillies are “trying to blow the whole thing up” and “everyone is for sale.”
Nov 10, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Jason Hammel faded after a mid-season trade to the Athletics, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a popular target in free agency.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 10, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Much has been made about the Marlins’ efforts to attempt to sign star outfielder Giancarlo Stanton to a contract extension, but they are also talking to some of their other young players.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 8, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Martinez worked alongside Maddon for seven seasons, so he would appear to be a natural fit.
Nov 8, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
The Red Sox have a logjam of outfielders and most of the trade speculation has centered on Yoenis Cespedes.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)