Jun 20, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Now that Alex Rodriguez has reached the milestone, who will be next to make it to 3,000 hits?
Jun 20, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Chacin was just granted his release by the Indians this week.
Jun 20, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a comeback win for the Angels.
Jun 18, 2015, 11:22 PM EDT
The Twins have released outfielder Jordan Schafer, who has been out since mid-May with a knee injury.
Jun 18, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Harper suffered the injury while attempting to make a throw in the sixth inning.
Jun 18, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is now at 2,999 hits for his career.
Jun 18, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
After going 4-for-5 with a triple, two RBI, and three runs scored in his first major league start last night, Cubs rookie Kyle Schwarber launched his first major league home run — a two-run shot — tonight against the Indians.
Jun 18, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said that Tommy John surgery is not “on our radar” while describing Lagares’ injury as merely elbow soreness.
Jun 18, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Only Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson was younger.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Getting a rare opportunity to bat under National League rules, Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson tried to use the element of surprise to stretch a single into a double this afternoon against the Diamondbacks. It didn’t go well.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:09 PM EDT
Bourn has appealed the suspension, so he remains in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Jun 18, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT
Prado injured his shoulder when he tumbled over first base during Sunday’s game against the Rockies.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
The Mets came from behind to beat the Blue Jays 4-3 in 11 innings tonight at Citi Field, snapping Toronto’s winning streak at 11 games.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Tucker, the brother of current Astros outfielder Preston Tucker, will reportedly receive a $4 million bonus.
Jun 15, 2015, 10:03 PM EDT
It’s expected to be a brief sneak preview.
Jun 15, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
It’s going to be fun to have him back.
Jun 15, 2015, 8:31 PM EDT
The Padres fired manager Bud Black earlier today and have installed bench coach Dave Roberts as his temporary replacement. However, they are moving quickly to settle on an interim manager to lead the club for the remainder of the season…
Jun 15, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
As if today wasn’t eventful enough already for the Padres, outfielder Wil Myers is headed back to the disabled list due to continued discomfort in his left wrist.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Altuve hasn’t played since Friday due to a strained right hamstring.
Jun 15, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
With DeShields out, Joey Gallo is making his first major league start in left field tonight against the Dodgers.
Jun 13, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Russell Martin played hero for the second straight day as the Blue Jays defeated the Red Sox 5-4 in 11 innings this afternoon at Fenway Park in Boston.
Jun 13, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT
With the Athletics looking like one of the few obvious sellers leading up to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, reliever Tyler Clippard figures to be a popular name.
Jun 13, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Just a few days after signing Sergio Santos to a minor league contract, the Yankees have promoted the right-hander to the major league bullpen.
Jun 13, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Hunter has dropped the appeal of his two-game suspension from Wednesday’s on-field tirade.
Jun 13, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
The 36-year-old Martinez has been sidelined for about a month due to inflammation in his surgically-repaired left knee.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (95)