Jun 5, 2014, 11:34 PM EDT
Mets prospect Noah Syndergaard injured his left (non-throwing) shoulder while attempting to cover home plate during a start in Triple-A on Thursday night.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Doug Fister went into a full split while covering first base this afternoon.
Jun 5, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The Rockies raised some eyebrows over the winter when they gave reliever Boone Logan a three-year, $16.5 million contract and now he’s headed to the disabled list with left elbow inflammation.
Jun 5, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
It appears there could be some explanation for the struggles of last year’s No. 1 overall pick Mark Appel.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Doctors expect Greg Colbrunn to make a “good recovery,” but he will remain hospitalized in Cleveland for “the next few days.”
Jun 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
After dealing with upper back stiffness over the past week, Mike Trout has returned to the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Astros.
Jun 2, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Out since May 13, Andrew Cashner reported no issues with his elbow during a simulated game today. He could start against the Nationals this weekend.
Jun 2, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
Diamondbacks outfielder had surgery Monday to repair a fractured right hand and won’t resume baseball activities for eight weeks.
Jun 2, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard thought he had his 12th home run of the season tonight, but Mets center fielder Matt den Dekker had other ideas.
Jun 2, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
The Orioles were given quite the scare yesterday when slugger Nelson Cruz was hit on the left hand with a pitch, but the early word is that he’s on track to be in the starting lineup tomorrow against the Rangers.
Jun 2, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Johan Santana had the ability to opt out of his contract with the Orioles at midnight, but he has decided to stick around.
Jun 2, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
The Royals are considering making a run at Kendrys Morales as they attempt to upgrade their offense, but it won’t be easy.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
The Mets might not make the playoffs this season, but they can at least hang their hats on this little distinction.
May 31, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Yankees outfielder Carlos Beltran could go out on a minor league rehab assignment soon.
May 31, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Rays outfielder Wil Myers injured his wrist in a collision with teammate Desmond Jennings last night.
May 31, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
The Mets had to add an arm to their exhausted bullpen today, so they sent young right-hander Rafael Montero back to Triple-A.
May 31, 2014, 3:51 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Oscar Taveras to make an impact for the Cardinals.
May 31, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
Mark Teixeira is having issues with his wrist again.
May 31, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Anthony Rendon had a heck of a day.
May 31, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Marlins reliever Carter Capps was placed on the disabled list earlier this week with a right elbow sprain.
May 31, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
There has been plenty of frustration on the fans’ side of things in regard to the delays with the Wrigley Field renovations, but the players are also unhappy.
May 31, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Top prospect Oscar Taveras was called up from Triple-A on Saturday with Matt Adams going on the DL.
May 31, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
After fanning 12 batters last night against the Rockies, Indians right-hander Corey Kluber leads the majors with 95 strikeouts.
May 31, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman has never played the outfield in pro ball. That changes today.
May 31, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
40-year-old Bobby Abreu stole the 400th base of his career in the top of the eighth inning last night against the Phillies. In doing so, he joined a pretty cool club.
- In progress: Mike Minor working on a no-hitter against the Reds 2
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 17
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 210
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (212)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)