May 29, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Former Cy Young Award winner Frank Viola had open-heart surgery in April.
May 29, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has struggled since returning from knee surgery.
May 26, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Astros rookie George Springer got off to a bit of a slow start after his call-up in mid-April, but he has begun to tee off against major league pitching.
May 26, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton suffered a bone bruise in his left thumb during a rehab game last Thursday.
May 26, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu was perfect over the first seven innings against the Reds this evening before Todd Frazier led off the eighth with a double.
May 26, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Another talented young pitcher is injured. Royals rookie Yordano Ventura left tonight’s start in the third inning with lateral elbow discomfort and will go for an MRI.
May 26, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Indians’ Carlos Santana is off to an awful start this season. And things might be getting worse for him.
May 26, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Cliff Lee was placed on the disabled list last week with a Grade 1-2 strain of the flexor-pronator tendon in his elbow. He’s not close to rejoining the Phillies.
May 26, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Cubs right-hander Jeff Samardzija pitched in a ton of tough luck over his first 10 starts this season, but he finally got into the win column today as part of an 8-4 victory over the Giants.
May 26, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
The Red Sox dug out of an early hole this afternoon to snap their 10-game losing streak.
May 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Sidelined since May 9 with a right quad strain, Adam LaRoche is on track to rejoin the Nationals as soon as he’s eligible tomorrow.
May 24, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
The Red Sox are going to be short-handed as they attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak.
May 24, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
Ryan Braun left Thursday’s game with tightness in his right side, but he’s ready to play Saturday.
May 24, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
Mets reliever Carlos Torres isn’t buying the hype regarding Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig.
May 24, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
The Astros’ progressive approach to rebuilding is drawing some criticism from both outside and inside the organization.
May 24, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Shane Victorino is headed back to the disabled list after aggravating a right hamstring injury.
May 24, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
The Orioles have secured some Matt Wieters insurance.
May 24, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Don’t touch Adrian Beltre’s head! Actually, keep touching his head. It’s pretty amusing.
May 24, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
Matt Kemp has shown diminished range in center field after ankle surgery.
May 24, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Braves third baseman Chris Johnson has had a problem keeping his emotions in check.
May 24, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain took away a three-run homer from David Freese last night with an excellent leaping catch.
May 24, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday night around MLB, including yet another loss for the Red Sox.
May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is symptom-free after his recent concussion.
May 22, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
Position player Danny Worth showed off a pretty nasty knuckleball during a relief appearance today against the Rangers.
May 22, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Uh oh. It looks like Ryan Braun aggravated his recent oblique injury.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 5
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 22
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (69)