Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 3, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Richards, 26, emerged as an ace this season by posting a 2.61 ERA and 164/51 K/BB ratio in 168 2/3 innings over 26 starts.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:27 PM EST
Stults earned $2.75 million this season while posting a 4.30 ERA and 111/45 K/BB ratio in 176 innings over 32 starts.
Nov 3, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
This decision comes as a surprise, but it’s one the Phillies have to be pretty happy about.
Nov 3, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez allegedly paid his cousin Yuri Sucart nearly $1 million for him to stay silent about his PED use.
Nov 3, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
Bell, who played 12 seasons in the majors, spent the 2013 season as the third base coach for the Cubs before serving as assistant hitting coach with the Cardinals this past season.
Nov 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) will reveal the top three finalists in the American League and National League for the 2014 Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young and Most Valuable Player Awards tomorrow night.
Nov 3, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
To the surprise of absolutely nobody, the Dodgers announced this afternoon that reliever Brian Wilson has officially exercised his $10 million player option for 2015.
Nov 1, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The game, which will begin at 8 p.m. ET, will be shown on MLB Network and can be streamed live on MLB.com.
Nov 1, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Anderson missed a big chunk of time this year due to a fractured left index finger and eventually had season-ending back surgery in August, but he was effective for the Rockies when healthy.
Nov 1, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Turner had a 6.49 ERA and 17/10 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings over six starts and two relief appearances with Chicago down the stretch.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EST
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
Cabrera is primed to cash in as a free agent after batting .301/.351/.458 with 16 home runs and 73 RBI over 139 games this past season.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
Lind, 31, batted .321/.381/.479 with six home runs and 40 RBI over 96 games this season.
Nov 1, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Butler batted .271 with just nine home runs and a career-low .702 OPS over 151 games this season.
Nov 1, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
This week’s acquisition of Justin Smoak clouds Adam Lind’s future in Toronto, but the Blue Jays have exercised his cub option for 2015.
Nov 1, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The Rays reportedly “remain convinced” that the Cubs enticed Maddon to opt out of the final year of his contract.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:48 AM EST
After a month-long search, the Twins have reportedly settled on Paul Molitor to be their new manager.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
His new title in Milwaukee will be special assistant to the general manager and vice president of amateur scouting.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:01 AM EST
Rios became a free agent for the first time in his career yesterday after the Rangers declined his $13.5 million club option for 2015.
Nov 1, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
Yost said the procedure is “absolutely nothing to worry about” and that he plans to take extra precaution next spring and use a lot of sunscreen.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Giants second baseman Joe Panik started a key double play in Game 7. Here’s a deeper look at how it went down.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
The Diamondbacks announced this evening that they have exercised club options on right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander Matt Reynolds for 2015.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Johnson missed the entire 2014 season after the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
The early television ratings for this year’s World Series were pretty low, but the Giants and Royals ended up going the distance and we witnessed a very compelling Game 7 last night. It turns out that a lot of folks tuned in to see what the fuss was all about.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)