Jun 2, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
The Mets might not make the playoffs this season, but they can at least hang their hats on this little distinction.
May 31, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Yankees outfielder Carlos Beltran could go out on a minor league rehab assignment soon.
May 31, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Rays outfielder Wil Myers injured his wrist in a collision with teammate Desmond Jennings last night.
May 31, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
The Mets had to add an arm to their exhausted bullpen today, so they sent young right-hander Rafael Montero back to Triple-A.
May 31, 2014, 3:51 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Oscar Taveras to make an impact for the Cardinals.
May 31, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
Mark Teixeira is having issues with his wrist again.
May 31, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Anthony Rendon had a heck of a day.
May 31, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Marlins reliever Carter Capps was placed on the disabled list earlier this week with a right elbow sprain.
May 31, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
There has been plenty of frustration on the fans’ side of things in regard to the delays with the Wrigley Field renovations, but the players are also unhappy.
May 31, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Top prospect Oscar Taveras was called up from Triple-A on Saturday with Matt Adams going on the DL.
May 31, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
After fanning 12 batters last night against the Rockies, Indians right-hander Corey Kluber leads the majors with 95 strikeouts.
May 31, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman has never played the outfield in pro ball. That changes today.
May 31, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
40-year-old Bobby Abreu stole the 400th base of his career in the top of the eighth inning last night against the Phillies. In doing so, he joined a pretty cool club.
May 31, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
David Ortiz ripped David Price after he was hit by a pitch during Friday’s game.
May 31, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another win from the red-hot (you heard me right) Astros.
May 29, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Rubby De La Rosa will take Clay Buchholz’s place in the Red Sox starting rotation.
May 29, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Matt Cain strained his right hamstring last Wednesday.
May 29, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion has slugged his 15th and 16th homers tonight, tying Mickey Mantle for the AL record in May.
May 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Shane Victorino hurt his right hamstring again and might need some extra time to get back.
May 29, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Former Cy Young Award winner Frank Viola had open-heart surgery in April.
May 29, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has struggled since returning from knee surgery.
May 26, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Astros rookie George Springer got off to a bit of a slow start after his call-up in mid-April, but he has begun to tee off against major league pitching.
May 26, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton suffered a bone bruise in his left thumb during a rehab game last Thursday.
May 26, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu was perfect over the first seven innings against the Reds this evening before Todd Frazier led off the eighth with a double.
May 26, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Another talented young pitcher is injured. Royals rookie Yordano Ventura left tonight’s start in the third inning with lateral elbow discomfort and will go for an MRI.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)