Aug 28, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
The expectation is that Castillo will get some major league experience in September.
Aug 28, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Gomes suffered the concussion last Thursday when he was hit in the catcher’s mask by a deflected ball.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The struggling Wright hasn’t played since leaving Sunday’s game with neck spasms.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Another big piece of the Cubs’ future is on the way to the majors.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
The change lines up Sonny Gray, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir and Jeff Samardzija to start in a big four-game series against the Angels later this week.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Pretty much everything went the Orioles’ way this evening.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Eric Hosmer has been sidelined for nearly a month with a stress fracture in his right hand.
Aug 25, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
Tim Lincecum is bullpen-bound after posting a 9.49 ERA over his last six starts
Aug 25, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Capping off a disappointing first year with the Rangers, Shin-Soo Choo is headed for season-ending elbow surgery.
Aug 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Qualls has quietly been very effective as Houston’s closer this season, posting a 3.07 ERA and 38/5 K/BB ratio over 44 innings while going 14-for-17 in save opportunities.
Aug 25, 2014, 6:44 PM EST
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon and Astros right-hander Scott Feldman have cleared revocable waivers. Both are now eligible to be traded to any team.
Aug 25, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
The Cardinals are just one game back of the Brewers in the loss column in the National League Central and they could be back to full strength soon.
Aug 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EST
The Reds have lost seven straight and are currently on pace for their worst season since 2008, but Walt Jocketty is expected to return as general manager next season.
Aug 23, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
Nationals right-hander Doug Fister revealed last night that he had skin cancer removed from the left side of his neck this week.
Aug 23, 2014, 10:12 AM EST
Many around the game were underwhelmed when the Rays acquired Drew Smyly, Nick Franklin, and Willy Adames in the three-team David Price deal last month. It will probably take years before we can make a fair assessment, but the early returns are positive for Tampa Bay.
Aug 23, 2014, 9:32 AM EST
The Tigers turned to infielder Andrew Romine to pitch in a blowout last night.
Aug 23, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important AL West battle.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Padres closer Joaquin Benoit hasn’t appeared in a game since last Wednesday due to soreness in his throwing shoulder.
Aug 21, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Impending free agent Michael Cuddyer will almost certainly finish his season in a Rockies uniform.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Castillo could reportedly make his decision this weekend.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Royals catcher Salvador Perez was scratched from Wednesday’s lineup with tightness in his right knee, but an MRI on Thursday revealed no structural damage.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Here’s hoping Nationals manager Matt Williams has been practicing his Babe Ruth home run trot, because he has a promise to fulfill.
Aug 21, 2014, 6:57 PM EST
Gomes was hit in the mask in the bottom of the fifth inning by a ball that deflected off the arm of Kurt Suzuki on a hit-by-pitch.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
Nick Markakis had himself a mighty fine evening.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)