May 12, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
An MRI has ruled out any structural damage in the knee, but CC Sabathia will still pay a precautionary visit to Dr. James Andrews.
May 10, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis is nearing his return from knee surgery.
May 10, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
The Reds have activated Aroldis Chapman from the disabled list despite some recent shaky appearances in the minors.
May 10, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
UNLV right-hander Erick Fedde needs Tommy John surgery. He’s the second potential top-10 pick in the past week to require the surgery, throwing draft boards into question.
May 10, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Barring another sandwich-related injury, Matt Cain will start against the Dodgers this afternoon.
May 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Three weeks after suffering a fractured cheekbone, Astros prospect Delino DeShields, Jr. hit two home runs last night.
May 10, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Carlos Quentin has been sidelined since spring training with a bone bruise in his left knee, but he could join the Padres next week.
May 10, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
A young male fan ran onto the field last night in attempted to hug Derek Jeter. He didn’t get his wish.
May 10, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Joe Mauer is back in the Twins’ lineup after missing five straight games.
May 10, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Brandon Belt suffered a broken left thumb when he was hit by a pitch last night and could miss six weeks.
May 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Reds third baseman Todd Frazier hit a 485-foot homer off Rockies right-hander Jhoulys Chacin last night.
May 10, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
You’re never going to believe this, but Yasiel Puig ticked someone off with a bat flip again.
May 10, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick rundown of a busy Friday around MLB, including a rare offensive explosion from the Padres.
May 8, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
With Dan Uggla struggling, the Braves are expected to look to Ramiro Pena, Tyler Pastornicky, and possibly Tommy La Stella at second base.
May 8, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Nolan Arenado singled in the third inning this evening to extend his hitting streak to 28 games, setting a franchise record in the process.
May 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Matt Treanor has retired after nine seasons in the majors.
May 8, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Orioles prospect Dylan Bundy is ready to make the next step in his rehab from Tommy John surgery.
May 8, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
East Carolina University right-hander Jeff Hoffman needs Tommy John surgery, but he could still be a first-round pick in next month’s First-Year Player Draft.
May 8, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Matt Wieters will return to the Orioles’ lineup as the designated hitter as he nurses soreness in his right elbow.
May 5, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado has the longest hitting streak in the majors this season.
May 5, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Brendan Ryan is slated to come off the disabled list tomorrow and could be a highly-active backup shortstop for the Yankees.
May 5, 2014, 9:14 PM EDT
The Padres are hoping that big Kyle Blanks can add some thump to their light-hitting offense.
May 5, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Chris Sale threw a light bullpen session Monday, but he’s still a little while away from rejoining the White Sox.
May 5, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Matt Cain injured his right index finger last Tuesday while trying to cut a sandwich.
May 5, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu was placed on the disabled list late last week with left shoulder inflammation, but he’s already set to resume throwing.
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 13
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)