Jul 26, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
The Rays waited out Juan Carlos Oviedo’s rehab from Tommy John surgery in hopes that he would emerge as a valuable piece in their bullpen this season, but today they designated him for assignment.
Jul 26, 2014, 3:39 PM EST
Giants catcher Hector Sanchez suffered a concussion when he was hit in the mask by a foul tip on Friday.
Jul 26, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
Randy Wolf is now with his fifth organization since spring training.
Jul 26, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Daisuke Matsuzaka has been surprisingly useful for the Mets this season in a swingman role, but now he’s headed to the 15-day disabled list due to right elbow inflammation.
Jul 26, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
Astros prospect right-hander Mark Appel had his best start of the season on Thursday and now he’s set to be promoted to Double-A.
Jul 26, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
Veteran right-hander Jake Peavy is headed back to the National League and will be reunited with Bruce Bochy.
Jul 26, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion hasn’t played since July 5 due to a right quadriceps strain and now his absence appears likely to stretch into August.
Jul 26, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
The Cardinals have added A.J. Pierzynski as a veteran alternative behind the plate with Yadier Molina sidelined due to a thumb injury.
Jul 26, 2014, 10:32 AM EST
Big news coming out of Cooperstown this morning, as the National Baseball Hall of Fame announced their first changes to the voting process since 1991.
Jul 26, 2014, 10:09 AM EST
Jon Lester wants to stay in Boston and is open to returning even if the Red Sox trade him in the coming days.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Only Rudy York (1937) and Mark McGwire (1987) got there faster.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Rays.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
The Yankees are reportedly considering a reunion with right-hander Ian Kennedy.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon was booed by Phillies fans this afternoon, but it didn’t bother him. In fact, he says bring it on.
Jul 24, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Chad Qualls quietly owns a 1.78 ERA this season. The Astros are reluctant to deal him.
Jul 24, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Astros left-hander Dallas Keuchel tossed a baseball to a heckler during today’s game against the Athletics. And the ball contained a clever message.
Jul 24, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
When the Astros failed to agree to terms with No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken earlier this month, many speculated that the next step would be a grievance against the team from the MLBPA. That’s exactly what has happened.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The Mariners brought back Kendrys Morales in a deal with the Twins today, but they aren’t done attempting to upgrade.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
The Phillies appear ready to move on from Ryan Howard.
Jul 24, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman continues to stay busy.
Jul 24, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Zach Putnam has had a share of the closer role with the White Sox in recent weeks, but now he’s headed to the 15-day disabled list due to right shoulder inflammation.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
The Rangers had high hopes when they signed outfielder Shin-Soo Choo to a seven-year, $130 million contract over the winter, but a lingering injury to his left ankle is a major reason why his first season with Texas has been a bust.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Plenty of scouts were in attendance tonight for Cliff Lee’s first start in the majors in over two months. They likely didn’t come away impressed.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:58 PM EST
Royals left-hander Jason Vargas underwent an appendectomy less than two weeks ago, but he could be activated from the disabled list as soon as Sunday against the Indians.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Andrelton Simmons just isn’t fair.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)