Oct 16, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Kohn had a 3.04 ERA and 26/20 K/BB ratio over 23 2/3 innings this season with the Angels.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Yadier Molina hasn’t played since suffering a left oblique strain in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants on Sunday.
Oct 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
All games will begin at 8:07 p.m. ET.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Former Mets general manager Omar Minaya could be headed back to New York, this time with the Yankees. You heard that right.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
Before Kolten Wong connected for a walk-off home run to win Game 2 of the NLCS for the Cardinals last night, the Giants tied things up when Matt Duffy scored all the way from second base on a wild pitch from Trevor Rosenthal. Here’s a look at how it all went down.
Oct 13, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Braun struggled through the injury this season, finishing with a career-low .777 OPS.
Oct 13, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
The latest round of changes to Citi Field will be specific to the right field and right-center field fences.
Oct 13, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
Yadier Molina was forced to exit Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants last night due to an oblique injury, but Cardinals manager Mike Matheny confirmed this afternoon that he will remain on the team’s roster.
Oct 11, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Maroon suit with bow tie? Check. Cigar in mouth? Check. Carrying a bulldog? Check.
Oct 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner vs. Adam Wainwright
Oct 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
After defeating the Orioles in 10 innings in Game 1 of the ALCS last night, the Royals are off to a quick start this afternoon.
Oct 11, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The Cubs hope to have the $575 million project completed by Opening Day 2018. The first of four phases will take place this winter.
Oct 11, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
It will be Guthrie’s first career postseason appearance.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Bud Norris.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
After the Nationals’ season came to an end in disappointing fashion earlier this week, assistant general manager Bryan Minniti announced yesterday that he’s leaving the organization.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
Statcast, MLBAM’s player tracking technology, took a deeper look at how Royals outfielder Jarrod Dyson was caught stealing in the seventh inning of Game 1 of the ALCS against the Orioles last night.
Oct 11, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Kevin Long was fired as hitting coach of the Yankees yesterday after eight seasons, but he might not have to look very far for his next opportunity.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
The Royals have shown a surprising amount of punch this postseason after finishing last in the majors in homers during the regular season.
Oct 9, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Authorities say that “several” of Berra’s World Series rings and two of his MVP plaques were among the items taken.
Oct 9, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
Infante has been battling a nagging shoulder issue for most of the year.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 9, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
Following the Dodgers’ ouster from the NLDS, we heard multiple reports yesterday that general manager Ned Colletti could be on the hot seat. And an interesting name has surfaced if they decide to move on.
Oct 9, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Davis could return from his suspension if the Orioles reach the World Series.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)