Sep 13, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
Joe’s big brother, Torre played seven seasons in the majors and was on the World Series-winning Milwaukee Braves in 1957.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Yesterday’s rainout could prevent Phil Hughes from collecting an innings bonus.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Morneau currently has a .315 batting average, three points behind Pittsburgh’s Josh Harrison for the National League lead.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
It was the second-longest home run in the history of the new Busch Stadium. Holliday also holds the record.
Sep 13, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
Ryu said he feels “very similar” to when he landed on the disabled list in May.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Stanton was hit on the left side of his face by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers in the top of the fifth inning.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:16 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been limited to just five games since July 19 due to concussion symptoms.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Alex Cobb went 7 1/3 innings Thursday before allowing his first hit against the Yankees.
Sep 11, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Marte has been one of the hottest hitters in the game since returning from a concussion in early August.
Sep 11, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Red Sox now believe that Holt’s symptoms could date back to a collision with teammate Dustin Pedroia on August 25.
Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Braun has missed two straight starts with a lingering thumb injury.
Sep 11, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The World Series will begin on a Tuesday this year. It has begun on a Wednesday every year since 2006.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
This is the largest division lead for the Orioles since way back on September 22, 1979.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
Rollins injured his hamstring while legging out a triple in the fourth inning.
Sep 8, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
No batting gloves. That swing. The apple, or baseball in this case, doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy has been sidelined for two weeks with a calf strain.
Sep 8, 2014, 7:52 PM EST
Hardy is out of the Orioles’ starting lineup for the third straight game due to a lingering back injury.
Sep 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Gomez hasn’t been in the starting lineup since he sprained his left wrist on a swing last Sunday.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:12 PM EST
The Mariners have been without Saunders since July 10 due to an oblique strain and a viral infection.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Sep 4, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Matt Harvey will go into the winter “without having faced a batter and never being allowed to throw at full strength.”
Sep 4, 2014, 9:29 PM EST
For the millionth time, Zack Greinke is the best.
Sep 4, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Young has allowed eight runs on 11 hits and seven walks in 4 1/3 innings over his last two starts.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)