Oct 4, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
With three extra-inning playoff games, the Royals have had a crazy week on the field. However, what Royals closer Greg Holland has experienced this week takes it to the extreme.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
Backman has been offered the opportunity to manage the Mets’ Triple-A affiliate in Las Vegas once again, but it’s unclear whether he will return.
Oct 4, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
Things got tense between the Cardinals and Dodgers yesterday.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
After Mike Moustakas played hero in Game 1, it was Eric Hosmer’s turn last night.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The Cardinals and Giants are aiming to head home with 2-0 series leads. Meanwhile, the Dodgers and Nationals will be looking to rebound after tough Game 1 losses.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 2, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Herrera had a 1.41 ERA over 70 appearances during the regular season.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
David Freese now has eight career postseason home runs.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
The Diamondbacks have also asked the Rangers for permission to interview Tim Bogar, who finished out the season as interim manager following Ron Washington’s resignation.
Oct 2, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Hyun-Jin Ryu hasn’t pitched in a game since September 12 due to shoulder inflammation.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
After taking over the Mets’ closer role in May, Mejia posted a 2.72 ERA and 60/21 K/BB ratio over 56 1/3 innings while going 28-for-31 in save opportunities.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
Rodriguez had to settle for a one-year, $3.25 million contract before the beginning of spring training and began the season in a set-up role, but he ended up with a 3.04 ERA with 73/18 K/BB ratio over 68 innings while going 44-for-49 in save chances.
Sep 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
After being limited to 16 starts last season, Buchholz managed to make 28 starts this year, but he saw his ERA jump from 1.74 to 5.34 in the process.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Castillo landed a seven-year, $72.5 million contract with Boston in August and batted .333 (12-for-36) with two home runs, one double, and three stolen bases during his first taste of the majors earlier this month.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:14 PM EST
The Mariners gave Hart a one-year, $6 million deal last winter in hopes that he would be able to get his career back on track after multiple knee surgeries cost him the entire 2013 season, but he batted just .203 with six home runs and a .590 OPS over 68 games this season.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:29 PM EST
Plouffe is expected to be ready for spring training.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Josh Hamilton has been limited to just one game since September 4 due to right shoulder, chest, and rib cage injuries, but he’s still hopes to be ready for the upcoming division series.
Sep 27, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
With the loss by the Pirates, the Cardinals can clinch the National League Central with a win over the Diamondbacks tonight.
Sep 27, 2014, 4:14 PM EST
Girardi reportedly ripped some players for being overweight, and others for not being “hungry” enough.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 27, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
This won’t exactly give the Yankees peace of mind going into the offseason.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Like shortstop, Jeter wants to leave Sheppard’s introduction behind at Yankee Stadium.
Sep 27, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Armed with a mid-to-high 90s fastball and an unhittable curveball, Betances has posted a 1.40 ERA in 70 appearances this season to go along with an astounding 135 strikeouts over 90 innings.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)