Aug 9, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Padres right-hander Andrew Cashner has been sidelined since June 23 with right shoulder soreness.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Aug 9, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
After tying Honus Wagner for sixth on MLB’s all-time hits list last night, Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter moved into sole possession this afternoon with an infield single against Indians right-hander Corey Kluber in the bottom of the sixth inning.
Aug 9, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
We have seen some interesting hair choices from Athletics center fielder Coco Crisp in the past, but this one takes the cake.
Aug 9, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The Blue Jays are 14-15 during Edwin Encarnacion’s absence and have dropped six out of seven coming into play Saturday.
Aug 9, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Brad Penny is back in the majors for the first time since 2012.
Aug 9, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
Bad news for the first-place Tigers.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
Yankees catcher Brian McCann suffered what’s being termed as a “mild concussion” after he was hit in the mask by a foul tip in the third inning last night against the Indians.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:31 AM EST
Sidelined for over two months with a stress fracture in his right wrist, Rays outfielder Wil Myers is slated to begin a minor league rehab assignment today with Triple-A Durham.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:49 AM EST
Hanley Ramirez has already missed 24 starts this year due to calf and shoulder injuries.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
Crazy things tend to happen when Yasiel Puig is around. Here’s the latest example.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Aug 7, 2014, 11:41 PM EST
The Cubs have reportedly claimed Cole Hamels off revocable waivers from the Phillies, but it’s unlikely that the two sides work out a trade.
Aug 7, 2014, 11:28 PM EST
Scary moment tonight in Pittsburgh, as Marlins left-hander Dan Jennings was hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of Pirates shortstop Jordy Mercer in the bottom of the seventh inning.
Aug 7, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Josh Beckett has attempted to pitch through a hip injury, but now he’s expected to head back to the disabled list.
Aug 7, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
Rookie slugger George Springer was forced to exit a minor league rehab game with Low-A Quad Cities last night after he aggravated his left quad strain, but the setback is considered minor.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Carlos Carrasco has posted a 2.30 ERA and 39/9 K/BB ratio over 43 innings since moving to the bullpen, but the Indians are giving him another shot in the starting rotation.
Aug 7, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Brett Lawrie is back on the disabled list, but it’s not all bad news on the injury front for the Blue Jays.
Aug 7, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
Cubs rookie second baseman Javier Baez hit the go-ahead home run in his major league debut on Tuesday night and he put on a show this afternoon against the Rockies at Coors Field.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
Vinnie Pestano has a 4.26 ERA in 50 appearances in the majors dating back to the start of last season.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Aug 4, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Wilson Ramos is expected to be away from the Nationals for the next three days.
Aug 4, 2014, 10:14 PM EST
After a lengthy search, the Padres appear to be closing in on their choice for Josh Byrnes’ replacement as general manager.
Aug 4, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a fractured right index finger.
Aug 4, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
It doesn’t get much better than this.
- Report: Giants close to acquiring Casey McGehee from Marlins 4
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)