Sep 27, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
With the loss by the Pirates, the Cardinals can clinch the National League Central with a win over the Diamondbacks tonight.
Sep 27, 2014, 4:14 PM EST
Girardi reportedly ripped some players for being overweight, and others for not being “hungry” enough.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 27, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
This won’t exactly give the Yankees peace of mind going into the offseason.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Like shortstop, Jeter wants to leave Sheppard’s introduction behind at Yankee Stadium.
Sep 27, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Armed with a mid-to-high 90s fastball and an unhittable curveball, Betances has posted a 1.40 ERA in 70 appearances this season to go along with an astounding 135 strikeouts over 90 innings.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Derek Jeter got a break last night after his emotional Yankee Stadium finale on Thursday, but he’ll serve as the designated hitter and bat second for this afternoon’s game against the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
Sep 27, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
Marti Wolever has been with the organization since 1992 and has been running the team’s drafts since 2002.
Sep 27, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
We have seen Angels superstar Mike Trout rob a few would-be home runs in the past, but this catch from last night belongs in a category by itself.
Sep 27, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the Mariners’ efforts to keep their season alive.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:29 PM EST
You wouldn’t blame Derek Jeter if he decided to end his career after tonight’s heroics, but he will play this weekend as the Yankees wrap up their season with a three-game series against the Red Sox in Boston.
Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 PM EST
Could it have ended any other way?
Sep 25, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Plouffe will go for a second opinion before a final decision is made.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
Ortiz’s symptoms are similar to when he suffered a partial tear of the tendon sheath in his wrist in 2008.
Sep 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
In a story that is sure to fly under the radar in the New York media, Mets right-hander Matt Harvey is in attendance for Derek Jeter’s final game at Yankee Stadium tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
But it’s probably too little, too late.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:06 PM EST
Bob Costas shares his thoughts as Derek Jeter wraps up his Hall of Fame career.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Russell Martin left Wednesday’s game with left hamstring tightness, but it won’t end up costing him any time, as he’s in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Braves.
Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
Jeter has caught fire with only days remaining in his career.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
Danny Duffy tossed six scoreless innings in his return from left rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 22, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Sergio Romo and Shawon Dunston “exchanged heated words with raised voices” before Bruce Bochy intervened.
Sep 22, 2014, 8:21 PM EST
Tomas, 23, could reportedly command a $100 million contract.
Sep 22, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
Former major league pitcher and current player agent Dave Stewart is viewed as the overwhelming favorite for the job.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)