Jul 12, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez was forced to exit this afternoon’s game against the Indians in the top of the fourth inning due to back stiffness.
Jul 12, 2014, 4:14 PM EST
Reds first baseman Joey Votto has received platelet-rich plasma injections in an effort to get past his lingering quad injury.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
This is the first All-Star selection for Henderson Alvarez.
Jul 12, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
The Pirates are focused on adding pitching in advance of the July non-waiver trade deadline.
Jul 12, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
Jean Segura has returned to his native Dominican Republic following the death of his nine-month-old son yesterday.
Jul 12, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Brandon Phillips underwent surgery yesterday to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb and now the Reds will be without one of the potential options to fill in at second base.
Jul 12, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
There’s increasing evidence that Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton is not of this world.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Jake Odorizzi will move up in the rotation to start this afternoon. The hope is that Price will feel well enough to pitch tomorrow.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:22 AM EST
The previous record was held by Hall of Famer Bruce Sutter, who went 39 consecutive appearances with a strikeout in 1977.
Jul 12, 2014, 9:38 AM EST
At the very least, Jordan Zimmermann will not be able to pitch in the All-Star Game next week. His availability beyond that is up in the air.
Jul 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another loss for the Brewers.
Jul 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Grady Sizemore was released by the Red Sox last month, but he’s getting another chance with the Phillies.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
The original plan called for Cubs prospect Arismendy Alcantara to get a cup of coffee in the big leagues for a couple of days while Darwin Barney was away on paternity leave, but his big game against the Reds this afternoon has changed things.
Jul 10, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
The diagnosis is in on Yankees right-hander Masahiro Tanaka and it’s not particularly promising.
Jul 10, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Derek Jeter’s farewell tour continued this evening at Progressive Field in Cleveland and the Yankee captain walked away with some pretty cool gifts.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Carl Crawford was the Dodgers’ primary left fielder prior to landing on the disabled list in late May with a left ankle sprain, but now he’s a really expensive bench player.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The field for next week’s Home Run Derby is officially in place.
Jul 10, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
The Cardinals and Reds were both dealt some tough blows on the injury front today, but the Brewers are doing their part to let them hang around in the National League Central.
Jul 7, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Michael Wacha was shut down two weeks ago due to a stress reaction to the scapula bone in his throwing shoulder and the timeline for his return remains a question mark.
Jul 7, 2014, 10:57 PM EST
Angels right-hander Jered Weaver was forced to leave tonight’s start against the Blue Jays after just two innings due to lower back tightness.
Jul 7, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Shane Victorino has been limited to just 21 games this season due to hamstring and back injuries.
Jul 7, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Ricky Nolasco has been a bust after joining the Twins on a big-money contract over the winter and it turns out that he’s been pitching through an injured elbow.
Jul 7, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Nelson Cruz has already passed his home run total from last season and is just five away from matching his career-high.
Jul 7, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
The Orioles have sent Kevin Gausman back to Triple-A with an eye on his workload.
Jul 7, 2014, 7:42 PM EST
Carlos Beltran is already limited due to the situation with his right elbow, but now he’s dealing with some swelling in his right knee.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 62
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 120
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)