Aug 4, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Chris Perez has been a major disappointment out of the Dodgers’ bullpen this season.
Aug 4, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Jim Johnson was released by the Athletics last week after he posted an awful 7.14 ERA over 38 appearances this season.
Aug 4, 2014, 6:58 PM EST
Both pitchers will be free to sign elsewhere tomorrow.
Aug 4, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Mike Morin has posted a 2.36 ERA and 40/10 K/BB ratio over 42 innings during his rookie season.
Aug 2, 2014, 11:52 AM EST
Pete Van Wieren called Braves games on television and radio for 33 seasons from 1976-2008.
Aug 2, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt was hit in the left hand on a pitch from Pirates reliever Ernesto Frieri last night and X-rays came back inconclusive.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
It would be great if the story was true, but it didn’t go down as originally reported.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:12 AM EST
Yasiel Puig doing Yasiel Puig things.
Aug 2, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Pirates right-hander Gerrit Cole has been sidelined for nearly a month with a lat strain.
Aug 2, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the first game of a big weekend series between the Brewers and Cardinals.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Not bad for a guy who has mostly played second base in pro ball.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Carlos Gonzalez sprained his ankle last Saturday and he aggravated the injury tonight while making a sliding catch.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:27 PM EST
John Lackey will pitch at the major league minimum next season due to a clause in his contract.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Matt Cain hasn’t made a decision on elbow surgery, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect him to pitch again this year.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
The Brewers have scratched rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson from Saturday’s start, but it mostly looks like a convenient excuse to manipulate their rotation this weekend.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Brett Lawrie has been sidelined since June 22 due to a broken right index finger.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:29 PM EST
Mets right-hander Matt Harvey threw off a mound today for this first time since he underwent Tommy John reconstructive surgery on his right elbow last October.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:19 PM EST
Cliff Lee has aggravated the flexor pronator strain that has already cost him two months. It’s safe to say that his season is over.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
C.J. Wilson landed on the disabled list earlier this month due to an ankle sprain, but he’s due to rejoin the Angels’ rotation on Saturday.
Jul 31, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
The arms race between the Athletics and Tigers is just too much fun.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Angels left-hander Tyler Skaggs was working on a no-hitter against the Orioles this evening before he left his start with forearm tightness.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes t-shirt night is a little awkward now that he’s with the Red Sox, but the Athletics are going ahead with the giveaway anyway.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:58 PM EST
For some reason, FOX 13 in Tampa Bay thought it was a good idea to make a classless joke about Detroit to console Rays fans following the David Price trade.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
Matt Cain’s ulnar collateral ligament has checked out fine, but he’s dealing with “loose bodies” in his throwing elbow and it’s unclear when he’ll pitch again.
Jul 28, 2014, 11:41 PM EST
The Red Sox hold some interesting cards going into Thursday’s trade deadline.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)