Dec 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Young is coming off a nice year as a part-time player where he batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS over 255 plate appearances.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 4, 2014, 7:54 PM EDT
Beachy is coming off his second Tommy John surgery and has thrown just 30 innings in the majors since June 16, 2012.
Dec 4, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Yasmani Grandal could be one of the pieces to head back to the Dodgers.
Dec 1, 2014, 11:39 PM EDT
DeShields, who played 13 seasons in the majors, was the manager of the Reds’ Double-A affiliate in Pensacola this past season.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
Romo is coming off an up-and-down year in which he was yanked from the Giants’ closer role.
Dec 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Beckham batted .268 with two home runs and a .758 OPS in 61 plate appearances with the Angels down the stretch.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
The Braves shed some salary when they dealt Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden to the Cardinals last month and they could shed even more if they trade Justin Upton, but it appears that they are getting priced out of the mix.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
It was reported over the weekend that Hunter is considering the Orioles, Rangers, and Mariners as well as a potential reunion with the Twins.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
After coming over the Cubs in 2008, Josh Donaldson emerged as a star in Oakland.
Nov 29, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
Miller has reportedly already received multiple three-year offers and is even drawing interest as a closer.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Guzman crashed his Ford Explorer into a motorcycle in his hometown of La Vega on Tuesday morning and killed the driver, 27-year-old Eleazar Garcia.
Nov 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Many were caught off guard by the big Josh Donaldson trade with the Blue Jays last night. Athletics GM Billy Beane did his best to explain his rationale.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 10, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
The Royals have reportedly discussed Ryan Howard as a possibility to replace Billy Butler at DH.
Nov 10, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com heard from one rival executive at the general managers’ meetings today that the Phillies are “trying to blow the whole thing up” and “everyone is for sale.”
Nov 10, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Jason Hammel faded after a mid-season trade to the Athletics, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a popular target in free agency.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 10, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
Much has been made about the Marlins’ efforts to attempt to sign star outfielder Giancarlo Stanton to a contract extension, but they are also talking to some of their other young players.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 8, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Martinez worked alongside Maddon for seven seasons, so he would appear to be a natural fit.
Nov 8, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
The Red Sox have a logjam of outfielders and most of the trade speculation has centered on Yoenis Cespedes.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 24
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 5
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 11
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)