Oct 13, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
The latest round of changes to Citi Field will be specific to the right field and right-center field fences.
Oct 13, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Yadier Molina was forced to exit Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants last night due to an oblique injury, but Cardinals manager Mike Matheny confirmed this afternoon that he will remain on the team’s roster.
Oct 11, 2014, 5:28 PM EDT
Maroon suit with bow tie? Check. Cigar in mouth? Check. Carrying a bulldog? Check.
Oct 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner vs. Adam Wainwright
Oct 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
After defeating the Orioles in 10 innings in Game 1 of the ALCS last night, the Royals are off to a quick start this afternoon.
Oct 11, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
The Cubs hope to have the $575 million project completed by Opening Day 2018. The first of four phases will take place this winter.
Oct 11, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
It will be Guthrie’s first career postseason appearance.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura vs. Bud Norris.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
After the Nationals’ season came to an end in disappointing fashion earlier this week, assistant general manager Bryan Minniti announced yesterday that he’s leaving the organization.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Statcast, MLBAM’s player tracking technology, took a deeper look at how Royals outfielder Jarrod Dyson was caught stealing in the seventh inning of Game 1 of the ALCS against the Orioles last night.
Oct 11, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
Kevin Long was fired as hitting coach of the Yankees yesterday after eight seasons, but he might not have to look very far for his next opportunity.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
The Royals have shown a surprising amount of punch this postseason after finishing last in the majors in homers during the regular season.
Oct 9, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Authorities say that “several” of Berra’s World Series rings and two of his MVP plaques were among the items taken.
Oct 9, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
Infante has been battling a nagging shoulder issue for most of the year.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 9, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
Following the Dodgers’ ouster from the NLDS, we heard multiple reports yesterday that general manager Ned Colletti could be on the hot seat. And an interesting name has surfaced if they decide to move on.
Oct 9, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Davis could return from his suspension if the Orioles reach the World Series.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 AM EDT
The Cardinals are now just one win away from a trip to the NLCS.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
The Dodgers’ bullpen remains a weakness.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position before Ramirez’s hit.
Oct 6, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Carpenter has homered in three straight games to begin the postseason.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
Only Mickey Mantle, Miguel Cabrera, and Andruw Jones have hit more (four) before turning 22 years old.
Oct 6, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
As if going to the ALCS wasn’t exciting enough.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 4
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 67
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)