Dec 13, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
It’s official: The Blue Jays like pretty much everyone for their CEO position.
Dec 13, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Kang, 27, batted .354/.457/.733 with 39 home runs and 115 RBI in 116 games this past season for the Nexen Heroes in the Korea Baseball Organization.
Dec 13, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
All three players get invites to major league spring training.
Dec 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
Nationals GM Mike Rizzo said Harper skipped NatsFest today due to his upcoming grievance hearing against the team.
Dec 13, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
The Cubs came out on top in the Jon Lester sweepstakes earlier this week and they are ready to make the deal official.
Dec 13, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
Wood turns 28 in February and posted an ugly 5.03 ERA and 146/76 K/BB ratio in 173 2/3 innings over 31 starts this past season.
Dec 13, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Diamondbacks’ rotation looks, uh, pretty iffy going into 2015.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 13, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Injuries have limited Morrow to just 87 2/3 IP in the majors over the past two seasons, but that hasn’t stopped teams from expressing interest.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
At dispute is Harper’s eligibility for arbitration this winter.
Dec 12, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Sizemore turns 30 in April and has appeared in just eight games at the major league level since the the 2011 season.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
The deal was reported earlier this week and it’s now official.
Dec 12, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
Fujikawa was expected to handle the closer role when the Cubs brought him over from Japan for $9.5 million two years ago, but Tommy John surgery limited him to just 27 appearances with the club.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
All three received invitations to major league spring training, but figure to serve as minor league depth in 2015.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
All three received invites to major league spring training.
Dec 11, 2014, 8:41 PM EST
Dodgers reliever Chris Withrow already had Tommy John surgery on his right elbow back in June.
Dec 11, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
The deal isn’t officially announced, but Matt Kemp said goodbye to Dodgers fans and the city of Los Angeles today after learning that he’s headed to the Padres.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
With a void in right field, many consider the Mariners a natural fit to sign free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera. However, it’s far from a sure thing.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:11 PM EST
Padres general manager A.J. Preller met with the agent for Kim this week and expressed optimism about getting something done, but today’s 5 p.m. ET deadline passed without an agreement.
Dec 10, 2014, 12:46 AM EST
Myers was limited to 87 games this past season due to a wrist injury and batted just .222/.294/.320 with six home runs.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
After getting passed over by Andrew Miller and David Robertson, the Astros are now talking to Sergio Romo and Luke Gregerson.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:13 PM EST
Hahn is coming off an impressive showing as a rookie in which he posted a 3.07 ERA and 70/32 K/BB ratio in 73 1/3 innings across 12 starts and two relief appearances.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Bobby Evans has a good sense of humor despite the Giants being passed over by Pablo Sandoval, Yasmany Tomas, and now Jon Lester.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
The market for Scherzer has been pretty quiet at this week’s Winter Meetings so far, but things will likely heat up once Jon Lester is off the board.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:09 PM EST
Gee, who is from Texas, owns a 3.91 ERA over 103 starts and three relief appearances in the majors.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)