Nov 3, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
Bell, who played 12 seasons in the majors, spent the 2013 season as the third base coach for the Cubs before serving as assistant hitting coach with the Cardinals this past season.
Nov 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) will reveal the top three finalists in the American League and National League for the 2014 Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young and Most Valuable Player Awards tomorrow night.
Nov 3, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
To the surprise of absolutely nobody, the Dodgers announced this afternoon that reliever Brian Wilson has officially exercised his $10 million player option for 2015.
Nov 1, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The game, which will begin at 8 p.m. ET, will be shown on MLB Network and can be streamed live on MLB.com.
Nov 1, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Anderson missed a big chunk of time this year due to a fractured left index finger and eventually had season-ending back surgery in August, but he was effective for the Rockies when healthy.
Nov 1, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Turner had a 6.49 ERA and 17/10 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings over six starts and two relief appearances with Chicago down the stretch.
Nov 1, 2014, 3:13 PM EST
While the Blue Jays declined Justin Smoak’s option, he is still under team control for one more season and will now go through the arbitration process.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
Cabrera is primed to cash in as a free agent after batting .301/.351/.458 with 16 home runs and 73 RBI over 139 games this past season.
Nov 1, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
Lind, 31, batted .321/.381/.479 with six home runs and 40 RBI over 96 games this season.
Nov 1, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Butler batted .271 with just nine home runs and a career-low .702 OPS over 151 games this season.
Nov 1, 2014, 1:10 PM EST
This week’s acquisition of Justin Smoak clouds Adam Lind’s future in Toronto, but the Blue Jays have exercised his cub option for 2015.
Nov 1, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The Rays reportedly “remain convinced” that the Cubs enticed Maddon to opt out of the final year of his contract.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:48 AM EST
After a month-long search, the Twins have reportedly settled on Paul Molitor to be their new manager.
Nov 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
His new title in Milwaukee will be special assistant to the general manager and vice president of amateur scouting.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:01 AM EST
Rios became a free agent for the first time in his career yesterday after the Rangers declined his $13.5 million club option for 2015.
Nov 1, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
Yost said the procedure is “absolutely nothing to worry about” and that he plans to take extra precaution next spring and use a lot of sunscreen.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Giants second baseman Joe Panik started a key double play in Game 7. Here’s a deeper look at how it went down.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
The Diamondbacks announced this evening that they have exercised club options on right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander Matt Reynolds for 2015.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Johnson missed the entire 2014 season after the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
The early television ratings for this year’s World Series were pretty low, but the Giants and Royals ended up going the distance and we witnessed a very compelling Game 7 last night. It turns out that a lot of folks tuned in to see what the fuss was all about.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
Haren’s option vested when he reached the 180-inning mark in September, but he had the ability to decline it and test free agency. However, he has decided to stick around.
Oct 27, 2014, 11:13 PM EST
Ranked among the top right-handed pitching prospects in the game coming into the year, Zimmer threw just 4 2/3 innings in the minors this season due to a right lat strain.
Oct 27, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
Jimenez appeared in 18 games with the Angels this season and batted just .162 (6-for-37) with two doubles and a 13/0 K/BB ratio.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)