Sep 13, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The Mets have told Jenrry Mejia to tone down his post-save celebration in fears that it is showing up the opposition.
Sep 13, 2014, 4:36 PM EST
Gattis hasn’t played since last Sunday.
Sep 13, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
Beltran has been playing through a painful bone spur in his elbow for most of the season.
Sep 13, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
Milone has struggled to the tune of a 7.40 ERA and 12/11 K/BB ratio in 20 2/3 innings over his first five starts with Minnesota.
Sep 13, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Now that’s creativity, folks.
Sep 13, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
Joe’s big brother, Torre played seven seasons in the majors and was on the World Series-winning Milwaukee Braves in 1957.
Sep 13, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Yesterday’s rainout could prevent Phil Hughes from collecting an innings bonus.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Morneau currently has a .315 batting average, three points behind Pittsburgh’s Josh Harrison for the National League lead.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
It was the second-longest home run in the history of the new Busch Stadium. Holliday also holds the record.
Sep 13, 2014, 9:33 AM EST
Ryu said he feels “very similar” to when he landed on the disabled list in May.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Stanton was hit on the left side of his face by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers in the top of the fifth inning.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:16 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been limited to just five games since July 19 due to concussion symptoms.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Alex Cobb went 7 1/3 innings Thursday before allowing his first hit against the Yankees.
Sep 11, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Marte has been one of the hottest hitters in the game since returning from a concussion in early August.
Sep 11, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Red Sox now believe that Holt’s symptoms could date back to a collision with teammate Dustin Pedroia on August 25.
Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Braun has missed two straight starts with a lingering thumb injury.
Sep 11, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The World Series will begin on a Tuesday this year. It has begun on a Wednesday every year since 2006.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
This is the largest division lead for the Orioles since way back on September 22, 1979.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
Rollins injured his hamstring while legging out a triple in the fourth inning.
Sep 8, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
No batting gloves. That swing. The apple, or baseball in this case, doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy has been sidelined for two weeks with a calf strain.
Sep 8, 2014, 7:52 PM EST
Hardy is out of the Orioles’ starting lineup for the third straight game due to a lingering back injury.
Sep 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Gomez hasn’t been in the starting lineup since he sprained his left wrist on a swing last Sunday.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)