Sep 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a crucial series in the AL Wild Card race.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Stanton was hit on the left side of his face by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers in the top of the fifth inning.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:16 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been limited to just five games since July 19 due to concussion symptoms.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Alex Cobb went 7 1/3 innings Thursday before allowing his first hit against the Yankees.
Sep 11, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
Marte has been one of the hottest hitters in the game since returning from a concussion in early August.
Sep 11, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Red Sox now believe that Holt’s symptoms could date back to a collision with teammate Dustin Pedroia on August 25.
Sep 11, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Braun has missed two straight starts with a lingering thumb injury.
Sep 11, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
The World Series will begin on a Tuesday this year. It has begun on a Wednesday every year since 2006.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
This is the largest division lead for the Orioles since way back on September 22, 1979.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
Rollins injured his hamstring while legging out a triple in the fourth inning.
Sep 8, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
No batting gloves. That swing. The apple, or baseball in this case, doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy has been sidelined for two weeks with a calf strain.
Sep 8, 2014, 7:52 PM EST
Hardy is out of the Orioles’ starting lineup for the third straight game due to a lingering back injury.
Sep 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Gomez hasn’t been in the starting lineup since he sprained his left wrist on a swing last Sunday.
Sep 8, 2014, 6:12 PM EST
The Mariners have been without Saunders since July 10 due to an oblique strain and a viral infection.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Sep 4, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
Matt Harvey will go into the winter “without having faced a batter and never being allowed to throw at full strength.”
Sep 4, 2014, 9:29 PM EST
For the millionth time, Zack Greinke is the best.
Sep 4, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Young has allowed eight runs on 11 hits and seven walks in 4 1/3 innings over his last two starts.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:57 PM EST
Dustin Pedroia suffered a concussion last Saturday when he took a forearm to the head in a collision with Rays infielder Logan Forsythe at second base.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams is hitting just .125 (6-for-48) over his last 14 games and now he’s dealing with a left oblique strain.
Sep 4, 2014, 6:29 PM EST
Braun will miss his second straight game tonight.
Sep 1, 2014, 11:17 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera had just one home run in August. He doubled that today.
Sep 1, 2014, 10:09 PM EST
Bailey is currently deciding whether to undergo surgery for a flexor mass strain in his right elbow.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 115
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (115)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)