Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 4, 2014, 7:54 PM EST
Beachy is coming off his second Tommy John surgery and has thrown just 30 innings in the majors since June 16, 2012.
Dec 4, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Yasmani Grandal could be one of the pieces to head back to the Dodgers.
Dec 1, 2014, 11:39 PM EST
DeShields, who played 13 seasons in the majors, was the manager of the Reds’ Double-A affiliate in Pensacola this past season.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
Romo is coming off an up-and-down year in which he was yanked from the Giants’ closer role.
Dec 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Beckham batted .268 with two home runs and a .758 OPS in 61 plate appearances with the Angels down the stretch.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
The Braves shed some salary when they dealt Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden to the Cardinals last month and they could shed even more if they trade Justin Upton, but it appears that they are getting priced out of the mix.
Dec 1, 2014, 7:02 PM EST
It was reported over the weekend that Hunter is considering the Orioles, Rangers, and Mariners as well as a potential reunion with the Twins.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 29, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
After coming over the Cubs in 2008, Josh Donaldson emerged as a star in Oakland.
Nov 29, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Miller has reportedly already received multiple three-year offers and is even drawing interest as a closer.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Busy days for Billy Beane.
Nov 29, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
Guzman crashed his Ford Explorer into a motorcycle in his hometown of La Vega on Tuesday morning and killed the driver, 27-year-old Eleazar Garcia.
Nov 29, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Many were caught off guard by the big Josh Donaldson trade with the Blue Jays last night. Athletics GM Billy Beane did his best to explain his rationale.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 10, 2014, 11:22 PM EST
The Royals have reportedly discussed Ryan Howard as a possibility to replace Billy Butler at DH.
Nov 10, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com heard from one rival executive at the general managers’ meetings today that the Phillies are “trying to blow the whole thing up” and “everyone is for sale.”
Nov 10, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Jason Hammel faded after a mid-season trade to the Athletics, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a popular target in free agency.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 10, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Much has been made about the Marlins’ efforts to attempt to sign star outfielder Giancarlo Stanton to a contract extension, but they are also talking to some of their other young players.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 8, 2014, 5:28 PM EST
Martinez worked alongside Maddon for seven seasons, so he would appear to be a natural fit.
Nov 8, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
The Red Sox have a logjam of outfielders and most of the trade speculation has centered on Yoenis Cespedes.
Nov 8, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
Only the Astros had a lower OPS at third base this season than the Red Sox (.580), so there’s a clear need for an upgrade going into 2015.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)