Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 27, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
This won’t exactly give the Yankees peace of mind going into the offseason.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Like shortstop, Jeter wants to leave Sheppard’s introduction behind at Yankee Stadium.
Sep 27, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Armed with a mid-to-high 90s fastball and an unhittable curveball, Betances has posted a 1.40 ERA in 70 appearances this season to go along with an astounding 135 strikeouts over 90 innings.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Derek Jeter got a break last night after his emotional Yankee Stadium finale on Thursday, but he’ll serve as the designated hitter and bat second for this afternoon’s game against the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
Sep 27, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Marti Wolever has been with the organization since 1992 and has been running the team’s drafts since 2002.
Sep 27, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
We have seen Angels superstar Mike Trout rob a few would-be home runs in the past, but this catch from last night belongs in a category by itself.
Sep 27, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the Mariners’ efforts to keep their season alive.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
You wouldn’t blame Derek Jeter if he decided to end his career after tonight’s heroics, but he will play this weekend as the Yankees wrap up their season with a three-game series against the Red Sox in Boston.
Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 PM EDT
Could it have ended any other way?
Sep 25, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Plouffe will go for a second opinion before a final decision is made.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Ortiz’s symptoms are similar to when he suffered a partial tear of the tendon sheath in his wrist in 2008.
Sep 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
In a story that is sure to fly under the radar in the New York media, Mets right-hander Matt Harvey is in attendance for Derek Jeter’s final game at Yankee Stadium tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
But it’s probably too little, too late.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
Bob Costas shares his thoughts as Derek Jeter wraps up his Hall of Fame career.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Russell Martin left Wednesday’s game with left hamstring tightness, but it won’t end up costing him any time, as he’s in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Braves.
Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 PM EDT
Jeter has caught fire with only days remaining in his career.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Danny Duffy tossed six scoreless innings in his return from left rotator cuff inflammation.
Sep 22, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Sergio Romo and Shawon Dunston “exchanged heated words with raised voices” before Bruce Bochy intervened.
Sep 22, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
Tomas, 23, could reportedly command a $100 million contract.
Sep 22, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Former major league pitcher and current player agent Dave Stewart is viewed as the overwhelming favorite for the job.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
The Royals made it interesting, but the Indians hung on for a 4-3 victory.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Pearce has been one of baseball’s biggest surprises this season, batting .297 with 20 home runs and .932 OPS over 98 games.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)