Jul 21, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
Tigers president and general manager Dave Dombrowski is prepared to face the upcoming July 31 non-waiver trade deadline from the unfamiliar position of a seller.
Jul 20, 2015, 11:04 PM EDT
We have seen plenty of flashy plays from four-time Gold Glove Award winner Brandon Phillips over the years, but this one might take the cake.
Jul 20, 2015, 10:26 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum hasn’t pitched since he suffered a right forearm contusion when he was hit by a comebacker on June 26, but a different issue is delaying his return to the Giants.
Jul 20, 2015, 9:47 PM EDT
Machi was designated for assignment to make room for Tim Hudson’s return from the disabled list.
Jul 20, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Fiers, 30, has a 3.79 ERA and 106/40 K/BB ratio over 107 innings this season.
Jul 20, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
The Phillies signed Billingsley to an incentive-laden deal in in hopes that he would flash some of his old form and potentially turn into a decent trade chip, but that’s obviously not going to happen now.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:08 PM EDT
Beltre is batting .250 with one home run and a .618 OPS over 21 games since returning from the disabled list.
Jul 20, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Freddie Freeman’s absence with a right wrist injury has dragged on longer than the Braves originally expected, but he’s finally making some progress.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Tigers outfielder J.D. Martinez got it done in the field and at the plate in last night’s win over the Orioles.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
Buchholz is currently sidelined with a strained flexor muscle in his right elbow.
Jul 18, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
Astros first baseman Chris Carter could be looking at an extended absence after he was forced to exit last night’s game against the Rangers due to a sprained right ankle.
Jul 18, 2015, 9:58 AM EDT
Nationals right-hander Max Scherzer took to Twitter to jokingly share his hunch about the cause of Friday’s lighting malfunction at Nationals Park.
Jul 18, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
I’m not sure humans are supposed to do stuff like this.
Jul 18, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including some late heroics from Alex Rodriguez.
Jul 17, 2015, 8:05 PM EDT
Kratz amassed 18 home runs and a .727 OPS over 120 games with the Phillies from 2011-2013, but he has only received sporadic playing time in the majors since.
Jul 17, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
Pedroia has been sidelined since June 24 with a left hamstring strain.
Jul 17, 2015, 6:46 PM EDT
Tommy John surgery could keep Buehler from making his pro debut until 2017.
Jul 17, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer struggled to the tune of a .244/.294/.367 batting line during the first half while dealing with a nagging injury to his left knee.
Jul 16, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Athletics right-hander Jesse Hahn is looking at a “somewhat extended stay” on the disabled list due to a flexor tendon injury.
Jul 16, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Matt Shoemaker will likely be the odd man out when Weaver returns.
Jul 16, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
Werth has been sidelined for two months with a fractured left wrist.
Jul 13, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Rob Refsnyder made his major league debut over the weekend against the Red Sox, but the Yankees made no promises that he’d be with the team beyond the All-Star break. Apparently they saw enough to keep him around.
Jul 13, 2015, 11:26 PM EDT
Frazier became the second player to win the Home Run Derby at his home stadium.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The Astros are reportedly aiming high in their efforts for a rotation upgrade.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Rangers left-hander Martin Perez has completed his rehab from Tommy John surgery and is set to make his first major league start in 14 months.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (252)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)