Oct 4, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
Cue the outrage!
Oct 4, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Did anybody check on Michael Morse yesterday? Because according to the Washington Post, he was undercover in the Nationals’ dugout.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:39 PM EST
Tomas has also reportedly had private workouts with the Rangers and Phillies.
Oct 4, 2014, 12:36 PM EST
Miguel Gonzalez was originally lined up for the Game 3 assignment, but Bud Norris will make the start instead.
Oct 4, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
With three extra-inning playoff games, the Royals have had a crazy week on the field. However, what Royals closer Greg Holland has experienced this week takes it to the extreme.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
Backman has been offered the opportunity to manage the Mets’ Triple-A affiliate in Las Vegas once again, but it’s unclear whether he will return.
Oct 4, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
Things got tense between the Cardinals and Dodgers yesterday.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
After Mike Moustakas played hero in Game 1, it was Eric Hosmer’s turn last night.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The Cardinals and Giants are aiming to head home with 2-0 series leads. Meanwhile, the Dodgers and Nationals will be looking to rebound after tough Game 1 losses.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:26 AM EST
Including their win over the A’s in the Wild Card Game, the Royals are just the third team to begin the playoffs with two extra-inning wins.
Oct 2, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Herrera had a 1.41 ERA over 70 appearances during the regular season.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
David Freese now has eight career postseason home runs.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
The Diamondbacks have also asked the Rangers for permission to interview Tim Bogar, who finished out the season as interim manager following Ron Washington’s resignation.
Oct 2, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
Hyun-Jin Ryu hasn’t pitched in a game since September 12 due to shoulder inflammation.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:47 PM EST
After taking over the Mets’ closer role in May, Mejia posted a 2.72 ERA and 60/21 K/BB ratio over 56 1/3 innings while going 28-for-31 in save opportunities.
Sep 29, 2014, 11:36 PM EST
Rodriguez had to settle for a one-year, $3.25 million contract before the beginning of spring training and began the season in a set-up role, but he ended up with a 3.04 ERA with 73/18 K/BB ratio over 68 innings while going 44-for-49 in save chances.
Sep 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
After being limited to 16 starts last season, Buchholz managed to make 28 starts this year, but he saw his ERA jump from 1.74 to 5.34 in the process.
Sep 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Castillo landed a seven-year, $72.5 million contract with Boston in August and batted .333 (12-for-36) with two home runs, one double, and three stolen bases during his first taste of the majors earlier this month.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:14 PM EST
The Mariners gave Hart a one-year, $6 million deal last winter in hopes that he would be able to get his career back on track after multiple knee surgeries cost him the entire 2013 season, but he batted just .203 with six home runs and a .590 OPS over 68 games this season.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:29 PM EST
Plouffe is expected to be ready for spring training.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Josh Hamilton has been limited to just one game since September 4 due to right shoulder, chest, and rib cage injuries, but he’s still hopes to be ready for the upcoming division series.
Sep 27, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
With the loss by the Pirates, the Cardinals can clinch the National League Central with a win over the Diamondbacks tonight.
Sep 27, 2014, 4:14 PM EST
Girardi reportedly ripped some players for being overweight, and others for not being “hungry” enough.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)