Dec 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
It’s reportedly down to the Red Sox or Cubs.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
Rutledge turns 25 in April and batted .269/.323/.405 with four home runs and 33 RBI over 105 games this past season.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Lester is soon expected to have final offers to choose from.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
It’s a decent match on paper, but neither club is “overly optimistic” that a deal will ultimately get done.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
For someone who batted just .184 this past season, veteran catcher David Ross is pretty popular right now.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
It was reported earlier today that the Tigers “are prepared to spend big, big dollars” to re-sign right-hander Max Scherzer, but general manager Dave Dombrowski is singing a very different tune.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Hamels would be a perfectly suitable “Plan B” for the Red Sox or Cubs if they miss out on Jon Lester.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Kemp appears more and more likely to be headed to the Padres.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Gordon is coming off a solid season in which he batted .289/.326/.378 over 148 games while leading the majors with 64 stolen bases.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
After acquiring Miguel Montero from the Diamondbacks today, the Cubs are expected to move Welington Castillo.
Dec 6, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Wieland made it back to the majors this in September after missing two years due to elbow issues.
Dec 6, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
The Red Sox aren’t messing around.
Dec 6, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
The Giants have set their sights on a replacement for Pablo Sandoval.
Dec 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
One of the best relievers in baseball is on the trading block.
Dec 6, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Hochevar, who signed a new two-year, $10 million deal with the Royals this week, missed the entire 2014 season following Tommy John surgery.
Dec 6, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
Rios turns 34 in February and batted .280/.311/.398 with four home runs, 54 RBI, and 17 stolen bases over 131 games this past season.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Dec 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Dempster and Lester were teammates with the Red Sox in 2013 when the team won the World Series.
Dec 4, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Roessler joins former Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long in Queens.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
The Athletics have already traded Josh Donaldson and it’s beginning to sound like a foregone conclusion that Moss will follow him out the door.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
There are four main contenders in the mix for Lester, including the Red Sox, Cubs, Giants and Dodgers.
Dec 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Young is coming off a nice year as a part-time player where he batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS over 255 plate appearances.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)