Oct 25, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
The Pirates also designated right-handers John Axford and Jeanmar Gomez for assignment.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
We learned yesterday that Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery on Wednesday to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his foot. Everyone was caught off guard by the extent of his injuries.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
After Joe Maddon stepped down as manager of the Rays yesterday, there was plenty of speculation about what his next move could be, but we didn’t hear much about who could replace him in Tampa Bay. Look for that to change soon.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:16 AM EST
Yes, it would have been closer had Blanco continued to run, but it was a heck of a play by Perez.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Ned Yost was hoping that Jarrod Dyson made an out last night. Really.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
After losing Game 1, the Royals have responded with two straight victories to grab a lead in the series. Can the Giants answer? That’s the big question going into Game 4.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Do you want to feel really old? OK, here goes.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:58 PM EST
After stepping down as assistant general manager of the Nationals earlier this month, Bryan Minniti has accepted the same role with the Diamondbacks.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
Moss will use crutches for around four weeks and the expectation is that he’ll begin running in 12 weeks.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
One of the game’s top shortstop prospects, Russell saw some time at second base in the Arizona Fall League.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
Tim Lincecum is being sent for an MRI regarding the lower back/side issue which caused him to exit from Game 2 of the World Series on Wednesday night.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Dave Magadan surfaced as a candidate for hitting coach vacancies with the Yankees, Athletics, Red Sox, and Mets, but he’s sticking with the Rangers.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Cardinals expect that Wainwright will benefit from normal rest during the offseason.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:46 PM EST
Molitor has been considered the favorite for the job and now he’s having another meeting with GM Terry Ryan.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
Choate posted a 4.50 ERA over 61 appearances this season, but he held left-handed batters to an .093/.205/.147 batting line.
Oct 20, 2014, 7:16 PM EST
The Yankees aren’t hiring Dave Magadan as hitting coach, but he could be the favorite for the A’s job after Chili Davis left for the Red Sox.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of fellow MLB players Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, and his teammate and countryman Rusney Castillo, Red Sox outfielder Yoenis Cespedes will now be represented by Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports.
Oct 18, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
The Royals will host the first two games of the World Series.
Oct 18, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
A’s hitting coach Chili Davis has also been linked to the Yankees and Rangers.
Oct 18, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
I won’t claim to know all of the words the announcer was saying, but it doesn’t really matter.
Oct 18, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Russell will serve as a special assistant to new Diamondbacks senior VP of baseball operations De Jon Watson.
Oct 18, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
The pitch clock has been used in three Arizona Fall League games thus far.
Oct 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Ike Davis was traded from the Mets to the Pirates in April, but he could soon be on the move again.
Oct 18, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
The Twins could be narrowing in on Ron Gardenhire’s replacement.
Oct 18, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
If you’re like me, you’re struggling without any baseball until Tuesday, so what better time than now to take a look back at the best of the ALCS and the NLCS?
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 70
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)