Jan 8, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
The Braves and Angels agreed to a trade involving prospects this evening, with left-hander Ricardo Sanchez headed to Atlanta in exchange for third baseman Kyle Kubitza and right-hander Nate Hyatt.
Jan 8, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery in April of 2013.
Jan 8, 2015, 6:41 PM EST
Hensley, 21, suffered a fractured jaw in the alleged attack.
Jan 5, 2015, 10:37 PM EST
After missing the entire 2013 season following Tommy John surgery, Oviedo posted a 3.69 ERA and 26/16 K/BB ratio over 31 2/3 innings with the Rays last season before being released in August.
Jan 5, 2015, 9:16 PM EST
The Yankees could have a familiar face back in uniform soon.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Jan 5, 2015, 6:30 PM EST
Rosales was non-tendered by Texas in December after batting .262/.328/.378 with four home runs, 19 RBI, and four stolen bases across 181 plate appearances last season, but the two sides have agreed to a new deal.
Jan 3, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
Showalter wants to know if Rasmus would be a good fit in Baltimore.
Jan 3, 2015, 1:04 PM EST
Webb had the minor procedure shortly after the end of the 2014 season and should be fine for spring training.
Jan 3, 2015, 11:00 AM EST
Dan Haren was dealt from the Dodgers to the Marlins in a seven-player trade last month despite his previous comments that he would rather retire than pitch for a team away from his family in Southern California.
Jan 3, 2015, 10:02 AM EST
Tillman turns 27 in April and is coming off a solid season where he posted a 3.34 ERA and 150/66 K/BB ratio in 207 1/3 innings over 34 starts.
Jan 1, 2015, 9:31 PM EST
Kearns was a New England area scout for the Mariners since the franchise’s inception in 1976.
Jan 1, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
In front of a crowd of 42,832, the Washington Capitals defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on a last-minute goal from Troy Brouwer.
Dec 29, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Aoki has a .287 batting average and a .353 on-base percentage over three seasons in the majors and would be a candidate to take over the leadoff spot for Baltimore.
Dec 29, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro was cleared of any wrongdoing in a shooting at a nightclub in the Dominican Republic over the weekend, but he has now had two such incidents in the past month.
Dec 29, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays also have free agent closer Francisco Rodriguez on their radar.
Dec 29, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Santos saved 30 games for the White Sox in 2011, but he has struggled to stay healthy ever since.
Dec 27, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Opening Day is 100 days away, but with the unusually mild weather in the New York area, they could really be playing some baseball right now.
Dec 27, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro was reportedly detained for questioning by authorities in the Dominican Republic on Saturday in connection with a nightclub shooting that injured six people.
Dec 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
David Ross recently took Rob Bradford of WEEI.com behind the scenes of how he landed a two-year, $5 million contract with the Cubs.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Macko worked for the Rangers for over 40 years.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
This means the Padres will only have to pay Kemp $3 million next season.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Johnny Cueto is set to become a free agent next offseason, but the Reds have a small window of time to convince their ace to stick around for the long-term.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:09 PM EST
All three players received invites to major league spring training.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)