Jul 16, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Athletics right-hander Jesse Hahn is looking at a “somewhat extended stay” on the disabled list due to a flexor tendon injury.
Jul 16, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Matt Shoemaker will likely be the odd man out when Weaver returns.
Jul 16, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
Werth has been sidelined for two months with a fractured left wrist.
Jul 13, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Rob Refsnyder made his major league debut over the weekend against the Red Sox, but the Yankees made no promises that he’d be with the team beyond the All-Star break. Apparently they saw enough to keep him around.
Jul 13, 2015, 11:26 PM EDT
Frazier became the second player to win the Home Run Derby at his home stadium.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The Astros are reportedly aiming high in their efforts for a rotation upgrade.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Rangers left-hander Martin Perez has completed his rehab from Tommy John surgery and is set to make his first major league start in 14 months.
Jul 13, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
A few hours ago, it didn’t look like there would be a Home Run Derby today. However, the weather has cleared up in Cincinnati and there should be enough of a window to get this thing in. MLB has tweaked the rules of the derby to push things along…
Jul 11, 2015, 5:29 PM EDT
Buchholz doesn’t have any ligament damage, but he was diagnosed with a flexor strain.
Jul 11, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
The Indians announced this afternoon that infielder Mike Aviles was placed on the family medical emergency list.
Jul 11, 2015, 3:10 PM EDT
Hamels was blasted for a career-high nine runs and 12 hits over 3 1/3 innings Friday in a loss to the Giants.
Jul 11, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Martin Prado has been sidelined since June 14 with a right shoulder sprain.
Jul 11, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
After passing through waivers unclaimed, Neftali Feliz opted for free agency this week rather than accept a minor league assignment with the Rangers. It didn’t take him long to find a new home…
Jul 11, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
Brandon Beachy is set for his first start in the majors since August 20, 2013.
Jul 11, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Matt Holliday was elected by the fans to start in Tuesday’s All-Star Game, but he’ll have to sit it out.
Jul 11, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Now that’s a splash hit.
Jul 11, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
Brian Dozier hit a walk-off homer against the Tigers last night to complete a stunning comeback.
Jul 11, 2015, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important NL Central battle.
Jul 9, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
After allowing three runs over six innings and hitting a homer in his return from Tommy John surgery last Thursday against the Giants, Marlins right-hander Jose Fernandez was flat-out dominant tonight against the Reds.
Jul 9, 2015, 10:56 PM EDT
29 teams passed on the chance to claim the former AL Rookie of the Year Award winner.
Jul 9, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
The 17-year-old Allard was selected No. 14 overall in last month’s draft.
Jul 9, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Acquired from the Padres in the Derek Norris deal over the winter, Hahn has a 3.35 ERA and 64/25 K/BB ratio in 96 2/3 innings over 16 starts this season.
Jul 9, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Mets rookie left-hander Steven Matz has 1.32 ERA over his first two starts in the majors while driving in five runs, but it will be a while before we see him again.
Jul 9, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Good news on two fronts for the Cardinals this evening.
Jul 9, 2015, 7:18 PM EDT
The former top prospect is back in the big leagues.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)