Oct 11, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
After the Nationals’ season came to an end in disappointing fashion earlier this week, assistant general manager Bryan Minniti announced yesterday that he’s leaving the organization.
Oct 11, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
Statcast, MLBAM’s player tracking technology, took a deeper look at how Royals outfielder Jarrod Dyson was caught stealing in the seventh inning of Game 1 of the ALCS against the Orioles last night.
Oct 11, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Kevin Long was fired as hitting coach of the Yankees yesterday after eight seasons, but he might not have to look very far for his next opportunity.
Oct 11, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
The Royals have shown a surprising amount of punch this postseason after finishing last in the majors in homers during the regular season.
Oct 9, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
Authorities say that “several” of Berra’s World Series rings and two of his MVP plaques were among the items taken.
Oct 9, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
Infante has been battling a nagging shoulder issue for most of the year.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 9, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
Following the Dodgers’ ouster from the NLDS, we heard multiple reports yesterday that general manager Ned Colletti could be on the hot seat. And an interesting name has surfaced if they decide to move on.
Oct 9, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Davis could return from his suspension if the Orioles reach the World Series.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 AM EST
The Cardinals are now just one win away from a trip to the NLCS.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:37 PM EST
The Dodgers’ bullpen remains a weakness.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Dodgers were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position before Ramirez’s hit.
Oct 6, 2014, 10:22 PM EST
Carpenter has homered in three straight games to begin the postseason.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Only Mickey Mantle, Miguel Cabrera, and Andruw Jones have hit more (four) before turning 22 years old.
Oct 6, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
As if going to the ALCS wasn’t exciting enough.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Facing elimination, the Nationals got a big start out of Doug Fister.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The ALCS will begin Friday night while the NLCS will begin Saturday night.
Oct 6, 2014, 6:22 PM EST
Hunter Pence has adopted Bryan’s “YES!” chant to inspire his teammates and the fans this postseason.
Oct 4, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
Three postseason games for the Royals. Three extra-inning wins. Next stop…World Series?
Oct 4, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
Cue the outrage!
Oct 4, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
Did anybody check on Michael Morse yesterday? Because according to the Washington Post, he was undercover in the Nationals’ dugout.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:39 PM EST
Tomas has also reportedly had private workouts with the Rangers and Phillies.
Oct 4, 2014, 12:36 PM EST
Miguel Gonzalez was originally lined up for the Game 3 assignment, but Bud Norris will make the start instead.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 70
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)