Feb 19, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
New MLB commissioner Rob Manfred vowed to make pace of play a major issue when taking over for Bud Selig and he’s already poised to deliver.
Feb 19, 2015, 10:17 PM EDT
Saunders previously pitched for the Seattle in 2013 and posted an ugly 5.26 ERA and 107/61 K/BB ratio across 183 innings.
Feb 19, 2015, 9:31 PM EDT
Morales, 29, spent last season with the Rockies and posted an ugly 5.37 ERA over 22 starts and 16 relief appearances.
Feb 19, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
Banks will also be honored in a pre-game ceremony prior to the season opener on April 5.
Feb 19, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth recently completed a five-day jail sentence in Fairfax County, Virginia for a reckless driving charge.
Feb 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
All eyes were on Masahiro Tanaka at Yankees camp today as he threw his first bullpen session of the spring.
Feb 19, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Huston Street came over the Angels last July in a trade with the Padres and he wants to stay there for the long haul.
Feb 16, 2015, 11:26 PM EDT
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara struggled mightily down the stretch last season and he finally acknowledged to reporters today that it was injury-related.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:56 PM EDT
Chen has pitched for 10 teams in the majors and could bring his total to 11 if he makes the Indians.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
Zito began his career with the Athletics and won the AL Cy Young Award with the club in 2002.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
Chamberlain, 29, had a 3.57 ERA and 59/24 K/BB ratio in 63 innings with the Tigers last season.
Feb 16, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Jeffrey Maier infamous glove from the 1996 ALCS is up for auction.
Feb 16, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
So far, so good.
Yankees also retiring numbers for Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada; Willie Randolph to be honored in Monument Park
Feb 16, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
We heard earlier today that the Yankees were planning to retire Andy Pettitte’s No. 46 this year. The team made it official this afternoon while also announcing plans to honor some other Yankee greats.
Feb 14, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
We have been hearing about Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada for months, but it sounds like the situation is finally getting close to a resolution.
Feb 14, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
Wright, 40, had a 4.35 ERA with a 54/27 K/BB ratio over 70 1/3 innings with the Dodgers last season.
Feb 14, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Davis was one of the biggest victims of increased shifting around MLB last season. He wants to be better prepared this year.
Feb 14, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
This is actually the second time Gwynn has had his number retired by the SDSU baseball program. He wore No. 3 as a player.
Feb 14, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Verlander is determined to rebound after posting a disappointing 4.54 ERA last season.
Feb 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
Alex Rodriguez met with members of the Yankees braintrust this week in attempt to clear the air for the drama over the past couple of years. Assuming the next step on his make-good campaign is an apology press conference, the Yankees have offered up Yankee Stadium as a venue.
Feb 14, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
Hall of Famer Ernie Banks passed away last month at the age of 83. Sadly, there is now a legal dispute over his remains.
Feb 14, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
At the start of the offseason, it appeared inevitable that the Mets would move one of their starting pitchers. They are about to go into spring training with all of them.
Feb 12, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera’s status for Opening Day is in question as he makes his way back from surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture in his foot, but the Tigers hope to have more clarity on his timetable soon.
Feb 12, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Perez was once a mainstay in the Indians’ bullpen, making 70 or more appearances in three out of four seasons from 2008-2011.
Feb 12, 2015, 8:49 PM EDT
Garrett Richards saw his breakout season come to an unfortunate end last August when he tore the patellar tendon in his left knee, but he’s nearing an important step in his rehab process.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)