Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Asked about his free agency, Panda only says: “I’m just going to celebrate.”
Oct 30, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
Bochy has navigated the path to World Series crowns in 2010, 2012 and now 2014. In the process, the Giants have dispatched 10 consecutive postseason foes.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
There was no bitterness as Royals hitters talked about the mastery of Madison Bumgarner in this World Series.
Oct 29, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
“When you’re a little kid in the backyard, you always think of World Series games and hitting home runs to win a Game 7 of the World Series or pitching in a big game,” Hudson said. “I’m no different than anybody else.”
Oct 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
Recent history has definitely favored the home team, which has won each of the past nine Game 7’s.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
Two days removed from a 117-pitch shuout, the Giants ace says he can and will pitch if needed tonight.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
The celebration was over before it really began Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium. Can the Royals get the party started again?
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EST
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Sep 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
“My kid said the other day that he’s going to allow me to be out for a year then I have to get back in.”
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The only thing more painful than hitting rock bottom is thinking you’ve hit it, only to find out there’s still more room to sink.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Multiple industry sources say the Cubs are targeting Lester and will make a run at him this winter, trying to set a foundation piece in the rebuild at Clark and Addison.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
Aug 25, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Depth has been a major key to the A’s success this year, and it’s going to play a huge factor over the final five weeks of the regular season.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
For the second week in a row, Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg began his Sunday at the ballpark by having a meeting with an unhappy player. This time, actually, it was two players.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The events taking place each evening on South Capitol Street are beginning to defy explanation.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Baseball wound up the career path of choice for the A’s right-hander, but football will always be in Samardzija’s blood.
Aug 11, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
A month into his professional career the White Sox and their top prospect have made the improvement of Rodon’s changeup one a priority.
Aug 6, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Yes, Theo Epstein sees the light at the end of the tunnel, but that doesn’t mean the prospects are getting an E-Z Pass to the big leagues.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Something’s just not adding up at the moment for a Nationals club that at times looks like the most-dominant team in the National League yet lately has been finding creative and agonizing ways to lose ballgames.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Greg Maddux looked like a guy who should be riding a Metra commuter train to his 9-to-5 job in the Loop, maybe sneaking out later to catch a Cubs game and have a few beers at Wrigley Field.
Jul 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
So when are Javier Baez and Kris Bryant getting here?
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 70
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)