Jul 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Tom Glavine crafted his Hall of Fame career with plenty of skill and wit.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:55 AM EDT
Adam Wainwright chose to follow baseball’s unwritten rules and salute one of the all-time greats in his final All-Star Game. Somehow, he became the bad guy.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
MINNEAPOLIS — The most remarkable and wonderful part about the Pat Neshek story is that it isn’t one story. It is 10 different stories going over top of each other like different children’s hands working their way up the handle of a baseball bat in that game to decide who hits first. When Neshek starts crying…
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 2, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
It had been almost 25 years since a pitcher had thrown a shutout without walking anyone or striking out anyone. Then Rick Porcello did it and showed what the game could look like.
Jul 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Why have so many teams and so many teammates loved Raul Ibanez?
Jun 27, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz could be elected to the All-Star Game. Melky Cabrera and Ryan Braun, too. Shouldn’t the public be more upset about this?
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
For a minute, it’s 1985, and the Royals are in first place. Savor this moment.
Jun 3, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Three years ago, the Kansas City Royals took high school phenom Bubba Starling with their first-round pick. It looks like a mistake … and one the Oakland A’s never would have made.
May 27, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Many group of fans will try and tell you that they have it worse than any other group of fans in sports. But only one team can be the toughest in sports to love: That’s the Kansas City Royals.
May 19, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
For more than 100 years, people have used won-loss records to determine the best pitchers. That’s not great policy but hey, if we’re going to do it, how about we come up with a won-loss record for the 21st century? Enter: The Tango.
May 17, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Baseball is on pace for more shutouts this year than any season in the history of the game. But the problem isn’t the lack of scoring. It’s the lack of action.
May 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Field of Dreams has been losing ground. Is there still enough magic in the moonlight for us to love such an openly mawkish movie?
May 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Jose Abreu’s great start has put him in some very interesting historical company.
May 13, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Biogenesis nightmare is a magnificent thought puzzle featuring slimy people from all walks of life. If you have a notebook handy, I’ll get you started and you can play along.
May 12, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski on the best pitcher he’s ever seen … and so much more.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals have hit 14 home runs in their first 36 games this year. That is not just the worst home run rate in baseball by far in 2014, it’s among the worst in recent baseball history.
May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
1. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe that ball absolutely should have been caught.
2. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe it should not be ruled an error because neither guy touched the ball.
This is the stupidity of errors in 21st Century America.
May 9, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
All intentional walks stink. Some, however, stink worse than others. As a service, Joe Posnanski has created the Intentional Walk Rage System to gauge these things. Ned Yost darn near broke the thing last night.
May 2, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB managers by how good they were during their playing days.
Apr 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
If the number is always 95 percent, is there anything special about modern closers?
Apr 24, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski says not to overlook The Obviousness Factor when it comes to Michael Pineda and pine tar.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
You probably know this, but the Kansas City Royals single season home run record is 36, and Steve Balboni set it almost 30 years ago.
Apr 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
The Kansas City Royals have not hit a home run all season. That’s seven games, that’s pretty rare stuff.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)