Jul 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Tom Glavine crafted his Hall of Fame career with plenty of skill and wit.
Jul 16, 2014, 1:55 AM EST
Adam Wainwright chose to follow baseball’s unwritten rules and salute one of the all-time greats in his final All-Star Game. Somehow, he became the bad guy.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
MINNEAPOLIS — The most remarkable and wonderful part about the Pat Neshek story is that it isn’t one story. It is 10 different stories going over top of each other like different children’s hands working their way up the handle of a baseball bat in that game to decide who hits first. When Neshek starts crying…
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 2, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
It had been almost 25 years since a pitcher had thrown a shutout without walking anyone or striking out anyone. Then Rick Porcello did it and showed what the game could look like.
Jul 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Why have so many teams and so many teammates loved Raul Ibanez?
Jun 27, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
Nelson Cruz could be elected to the All-Star Game. Melky Cabrera and Ryan Braun, too. Shouldn’t the public be more upset about this?
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
For a minute, it’s 1985, and the Royals are in first place. Savor this moment.
Jun 3, 2014, 10:44 AM EST
Three years ago, the Kansas City Royals took high school phenom Bubba Starling with their first-round pick. It looks like a mistake … and one the Oakland A’s never would have made.
May 27, 2014, 5:49 PM EST
Many group of fans will try and tell you that they have it worse than any other group of fans in sports. But only one team can be the toughest in sports to love: That’s the Kansas City Royals.
May 19, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
For more than 100 years, people have used won-loss records to determine the best pitchers. That’s not great policy but hey, if we’re going to do it, how about we come up with a won-loss record for the 21st century? Enter: The Tango.
May 17, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Baseball is on pace for more shutouts this year than any season in the history of the game. But the problem isn’t the lack of scoring. It’s the lack of action.
May 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Field of Dreams has been losing ground. Is there still enough magic in the moonlight for us to love such an openly mawkish movie?
May 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Jose Abreu’s great start has put him in some very interesting historical company.
May 13, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
The Biogenesis nightmare is a magnificent thought puzzle featuring slimy people from all walks of life. If you have a notebook handy, I’ll get you started and you can play along.
May 12, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Joe Posnanski on the best pitcher he’s ever seen … and so much more.
May 12, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
We now have a scale to measure this — The Intentional Walk Rage System — and Ron Washington darn near broke it yesterday
May 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
The Kansas City Royals have hit 14 home runs in their first 36 games this year. That is not just the worst home run rate in baseball by far in 2014, it’s among the worst in recent baseball history.
May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
1. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe that ball absolutely should have been caught.
2. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe it should not be ruled an error because neither guy touched the ball.
This is the stupidity of errors in 21st Century America.
May 9, 2014, 10:36 AM EST
All intentional walks stink. Some, however, stink worse than others. As a service, Joe Posnanski has created the Intentional Walk Rage System to gauge these things. Ned Yost darn near broke the thing last night.
May 2, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB managers by how good they were during their playing days.
Apr 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
If the number is always 95 percent, is there anything special about modern closers?
Apr 24, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
Joe Posnanski says not to overlook The Obviousness Factor when it comes to Michael Pineda and pine tar.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
You probably know this, but the Kansas City Royals single season home run record is 36, and Steve Balboni set it almost 30 years ago.
Apr 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
The Kansas City Royals have not hit a home run all season. That’s seven games, that’s pretty rare stuff.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 18
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)