Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 20, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
The rare feat had been accomplished 23 times since 1914.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
Breaking down the six-player Angels-Padres trade.
Jul 18, 2014, 11:57 PM EDT
Coming soon to NBC Friday nights!
Jul 18, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
Some weirdness from our first night back after the break.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
The Padres are down to four candidates for the job.
Jul 17, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
The Mariners might give up a big chunk of their future in an effort to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2001.
Jul 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
Among players to debut since 1970, only Cal Ripken Jr. went to more All-Star Games than Tony Gwynn’s 15. Yet MLB chose not to honor the departed Hall of Famer during Tuesday’s contest at Target Field.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Kershaw’s streak is the third longest since 1990.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:18 AM EDT
Get excited, Cubs fans. You too, fantasy leaguers.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Outfield prospect Billy McKinney and right-hander Dan Straily also on the move to the Cubs.
Dirk Hayhurst implies “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed taken in 2011 Evan Longoria-David Price robbery
Jul 4, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Dirk Hayhurst’s latest piece for Sports on Earth doesn’t name any names, but it hardly needs to. In it, he indicates that the March 2011 incident in which a house shared by Rays players Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac was robbed also featured a “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
And they might still be playing otherwise.
Jun 21, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
The slumping Giants decide to try something new at second base,
Jun 21, 2014, 1:38 PM EDT
Martinez gets his day at Yankee Stadium.
Jun 21, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Whitson gets $2 million less than he would have received four years ago.
Jun 21, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
The Orioles will get to play with a 26th man for far longer than intended.
Jun 21, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Don’t expect any more funny Aoki pictures for the next couple of weeks.
Jun 19, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
Kershaw proves perfect. Unfortunately, Hanley Ramirez wasn’t quite up to task.
Jun 18, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Mission accomplished… Ryan Braun will definitely have a bruise on his butt tomorrow.
Jun 16, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
A closer look at the stats of the awesome Tony Gwynn.
Jun 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The Twins made it a clean sweep of relievers in Rounds 3-5, while the Phillies drafted a guy just coming off a DUI arrest.
Jun 6, 2014, 12:49 AM EDT
Toronto and Milwaukee have a chance to be day one’s biggest winners after rolling the dice in Round 2.
Jun 5, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
After quite the pitching run in the teens, the Indians (Bradley Zimmer) and Tigers (Derek Hill) went for hitters with their first-round selections.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 27
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (112)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)