Aug 14, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
It’s a two-man race as Jerry Reinsdorf and company break for milk and cookies.
Aug 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Well, at least he has his health.
Aug 14, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Home plate doesn’t have a monopoly on problematic rules.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
A change could come after Alvarez committed his major league-high 24th error on Saturday.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:04 AM EST
The White Sox outfielder is back playing and performing well following a severe shoulder injury.
Aug 3, 2014, 9:23 AM EST
As has become a tradition… the player looks classy, the paper sells a bit better than usual.
Aug 3, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
And don’t stop there.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:24 PM EST
Royals robbed of their hottest hitter after quiet deadline day Thursday.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 20, 2014, 12:53 AM EST
The rare feat had been accomplished 23 times since 1914.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:29 AM EST
Breaking down the six-player Angels-Padres trade.
Jul 18, 2014, 11:57 PM EST
Coming soon to NBC Friday nights!
Jul 18, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
Some weirdness from our first night back after the break.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:08 PM EST
The Padres are down to four candidates for the job.
Jul 17, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
The Mariners might give up a big chunk of their future in an effort to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2001.
Jul 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Among players to debut since 1970, only Cal Ripken Jr. went to more All-Star Games than Tony Gwynn’s 15. Yet MLB chose not to honor the departed Hall of Famer during Tuesday’s contest at Target Field.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
Kershaw’s streak is the third longest since 1990.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:18 AM EST
Get excited, Cubs fans. You too, fantasy leaguers.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
Outfield prospect Billy McKinney and right-hander Dan Straily also on the move to the Cubs.
Dirk Hayhurst implies “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed taken in 2011 Evan Longoria-David Price robbery
Jul 4, 2014, 6:46 PM EST
Dirk Hayhurst’s latest piece for Sports on Earth doesn’t name any names, but it hardly needs to. In it, he indicates that the March 2011 incident in which a house shared by Rays players Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac was robbed also featured a “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
And they might still be playing otherwise.
Jun 21, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
The slumping Giants decide to try something new at second base,
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)