Aug 3, 2014, 9:23 AM EST
As has become a tradition… the player looks classy, the paper sells a bit better than usual.
Aug 3, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
And don’t stop there.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:24 PM EST
Royals robbed of their hottest hitter after quiet deadline day Thursday.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 20, 2014, 12:53 AM EST
The rare feat had been accomplished 23 times since 1914.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:29 AM EST
Breaking down the six-player Angels-Padres trade.
Jul 18, 2014, 11:57 PM EST
Coming soon to NBC Friday nights!
Jul 18, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
Some weirdness from our first night back after the break.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:08 PM EST
The Padres are down to four candidates for the job.
Jul 17, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
The Mariners might give up a big chunk of their future in an effort to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2001.
Jul 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Among players to debut since 1970, only Cal Ripken Jr. went to more All-Star Games than Tony Gwynn’s 15. Yet MLB chose not to honor the departed Hall of Famer during Tuesday’s contest at Target Field.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
Kershaw’s streak is the third longest since 1990.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:18 AM EST
Get excited, Cubs fans. You too, fantasy leaguers.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EST
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
Outfield prospect Billy McKinney and right-hander Dan Straily also on the move to the Cubs.
Dirk Hayhurst implies “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed taken in 2011 Evan Longoria-David Price robbery
Jul 4, 2014, 6:46 PM EST
Dirk Hayhurst’s latest piece for Sports on Earth doesn’t name any names, but it hardly needs to. In it, he indicates that the March 2011 incident in which a house shared by Rays players Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac was robbed also featured a “pillow-case-sized” bag of weed.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 PM EST
And they might still be playing otherwise.
Jun 21, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
The slumping Giants decide to try something new at second base,
Jun 21, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
Martinez gets his day at Yankee Stadium.
Jun 21, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Whitson gets $2 million less than he would have received four years ago.
Jun 21, 2014, 12:08 PM EST
The Orioles will get to play with a 26th man for far longer than intended.
Jun 21, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Don’t expect any more funny Aoki pictures for the next couple of weeks.
Jun 19, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
Kershaw proves perfect. Unfortunately, Hanley Ramirez wasn’t quite up to task.
Jun 18, 2014, 12:35 AM EST
Mission accomplished… Ryan Braun will definitely have a bruise on his butt tomorrow.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 16
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 59
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)