Jun 16, 2014, 12:34 PM EST
A closer look at the stats of the awesome Tony Gwynn.
Jun 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
The Twins made it a clean sweep of relievers in Rounds 3-5, while the Phillies drafted a guy just coming off a DUI arrest.
Jun 6, 2014, 12:49 AM EST
Toronto and Milwaukee have a chance to be day one’s biggest winners after rolling the dice in Round 2.
Jun 5, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
After quite the pitching run in the teens, the Indians (Bradley Zimmer) and Tigers (Derek Hill) went for hitters with their first-round selections.
Jun 5, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
Blue Jays add Pentecost to early haul, while Brewers pick the first Hawaiian high schooler in round one since 2001.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:56 PM EST
After the Mariners went for a high school outfielder, the Phillies grabbed a college right-hander seventh overall.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EST
The run of pitchers continues with the second and third picks, while Cubs take first position player fourth overall.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:14 PM EST
A first in 23 years.
May 26, 2014, 2:50 AM EST
To bunt or not to bunt…
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Fortunately, Tommy John surgery doesn’t appear to be necessary.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:34 PM EST
The Dodgers might be without their shortstop for a spell.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
He still probably performed better than the guy calling the balls and strikes.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:27 AM EST
…and this isn’t even about the five errors.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:24 AM EST
Can’t someone please write these things down so we can all keep track?
Apr 17, 2014, 2:21 AM EST
Notes from a wild game in Chicago.
Apr 4, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
Throw your hands up in the air.
Apr 3, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
The minor league season has started!
Apr 3, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Tags: Ewwww, gross, dipwads, disgusting
Apr 3, 2014, 2:14 AM EST
Notes from what could reign supreme as the longest game of the year for quite some time.
Apr 3, 2014, 1:04 AM EST
The Philadelphia Phillies might not have a top-five bullpen after all.
Apr 2, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
It’s a feat unmatched since 1998.
Apr 2, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Have you ever wondered what Royals manager Ned Yost is thinking when he puts in pinch-runner after pinch-runner, rather than maybe hitting for the guy who was arguably the league’s worst hitter last year?
Apr 2, 2014, 12:11 AM EST
MLB chose not to institute a replay system whose sole goal was getting calls right, instead opting for a system that involved managerial challenges and strategy, at least until the seventh inning of games.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)