Jun 5, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
The run of pitchers continues with the second and third picks, while Cubs take first position player fourth overall.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
A first in 23 years.
May 26, 2014, 2:50 AM EDT
To bunt or not to bunt…
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
Apr 26, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Fortunately, Tommy John surgery doesn’t appear to be necessary.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
The Dodgers might be without their shortstop for a spell.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
He still probably performed better than the guy calling the balls and strikes.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:27 AM EDT
…and this isn’t even about the five errors.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:24 AM EDT
Can’t someone please write these things down so we can all keep track?
Apr 17, 2014, 2:21 AM EDT
Notes from a wild game in Chicago.
Apr 4, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
Throw your hands up in the air.
Apr 3, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
The minor league season has started!
Apr 3, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
Tags: Ewwww, gross, dipwads, disgusting
Apr 3, 2014, 2:14 AM EDT
Notes from what could reign supreme as the longest game of the year for quite some time.
Apr 3, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Phillies might not have a top-five bullpen after all.
Apr 2, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
It’s a feat unmatched since 1998.
Apr 2, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Have you ever wondered what Royals manager Ned Yost is thinking when he puts in pinch-runner after pinch-runner, rather than maybe hitting for the guy who was arguably the league’s worst hitter last year?
Apr 2, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
MLB chose not to institute a replay system whose sole goal was getting calls right, instead opting for a system that involved managerial challenges and strategy, at least until the seventh inning of games.
Apr 1, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
Billy Beane’s %*$@ doesn’t work on Opening Day.
Apr 1, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
An unfortunate incident kicked off the Angels’ season on Monday. Hitting coach Don Baylor injured his right knee while catching the first pitch from Vladimir Guerrero, who signed a one-day contract to officially end his career with the Angels, and had to be helped off the field.
Mar 31, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Mike Trout doing Mike Trout things
Mar 29, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
The Montreal Gazette is reporting that an unidentified fan fell from the Olympic Stadium stands during Friday night’s game between the Mets and Blue Jays in Montreal and is in critical condition. A release stated that the man fell while walking to his seat, dropping 30-45 feet to the ground below. No further information was…
Mar 28, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Tampa Bay Rays. The Big Question: Is this a championship offense? The Rays have led the American League in ERA…
Mar 26, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Boston Red Sox. The Big Question: Have the Red Sox taken the steps necessary to avoid a post-championship decline? No…
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)