Sep 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
And it could be over as of Sunday. Now, let us consider Buddy Carlyle.
Sep 26, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
He pitched through pain all year, but he can’t do it anymore.
Sep 26, 2014, 11:21 AM EDT
Great Moments in the Memorabilia Industry
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 26, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
There were few moments in the Yankees captain’s career like the night on Oct. 31, 2001.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
It’s been a crappy year for the Red Sox, but it ends with at least a bit of a glimpse of what the future holds.
Sep 26, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
He’ll be examined by team doctors today.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Everyone was watching Jeter last night.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you don’t like Hunter Pence, regardless of who you root for, I really have no use for you.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
You wouldn’t blame Derek Jeter if he decided to end his career after tonight’s heroics, but he will play this weekend as the Yankees wrap up their season with a three-game series against the Red Sox in Boston.
Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 PM EDT
Could it have ended any other way?
Sep 25, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Plouffe will go for a second opinion before a final decision is made.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Ortiz’s symptoms are similar to when he suffered a partial tear of the tendon sheath in his wrist in 2008.
Sep 25, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
In a story that is sure to fly under the radar in the New York media, Mets right-hander Matt Harvey is in attendance for Derek Jeter’s final game at Yankee Stadium tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Career double No. 544 and almost career home run No. 261.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
But it’s probably too little, too late.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:06 PM EDT
Bob Costas shares his thoughts as Derek Jeter wraps up his Hall of Fame career.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
Nothing like a little late-season drama in the AL Central.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Russell Martin left Wednesday’s game with left hamstring tightness, but it won’t end up costing him any time, as he’s in the starting lineup for tonight’s game against the Braves.
More Top Posts
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)