Dec 9, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
Rosario is a poor defensive catcher, but he could make sense for a number of AL teams.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
It’s reportedly down to the Red Sox or Cubs.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
Rutledge turns 25 in April and batted .269/.323/.405 with four home runs and 33 RBI over 105 games this past season.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Lester is soon expected to have final offers to choose from.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
It’s a decent match on paper, but neither club is “overly optimistic” that a deal will ultimately get done.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
For someone who batted just .184 this past season, veteran catcher David Ross is pretty popular right now.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
It was reported earlier today that the Tigers “are prepared to spend big, big dollars” to re-sign right-hander Max Scherzer, but general manager Dave Dombrowski is singing a very different tune.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Hamels would be a perfectly suitable “Plan B” for the Red Sox or Cubs if they miss out on Jon Lester.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Kemp appears more and more likely to be headed to the Padres.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Gordon is coming off a solid season in which he batted .289/.326/.378 over 148 games while leading the majors with 64 stolen bases.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Braves will likely try him at second base, though he can play basically anywhere.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
After acquiring Miguel Montero from the Diamondbacks today, the Cubs are expected to move Welington Castillo.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Which is a neat way of saying “nah, we really don’t want to trade Evan Gattis”
Dec 9, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
An exercise in expectation management? A concession?
Dec 9, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Montero was an All-Star in 2011 and signed a five-year, $60 million contract extension in May of 2012.
Dec 9, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Which seems like a pretty weak move to me, frankly.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Perhaps the worst hitter in baseball is on the move.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:14 PM EST
He has covered the Tigers since 1979.
More Top Posts
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (106)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)