May 14, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
May 14, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Omar Vizquel wore Luis Aparicio’s number. Why can’t someone else — someone deemed worthy — wear the retired number of someone else?
May 14, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
They’re calling it shoulder tendinitis, which is Latin for “dude can’t pitch at all right now.”
May 14, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Johnson won the job out of spring training as a 24-year-old rookie.
May 14, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Scott got kicked of his team in Korea last year.
May 14, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Bat-flips and celebrations are still considered bad form because baseball’s structure reinforces a very white and very old school culture.
May 14, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Milwaukee called up 21-year-old prospect Luis Sardinas to fill in the position.
May 14, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
He leads the team in homers and has been batting cleanup.
May 14, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Peter Bourjos will serve as the Cardinals’ primary center fielder.
May 14, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
A-Rod continues to play the diplomat.
May 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
We all root for laundry anyway, so why not make the laundry mean a little more?
May 14, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Andre Ethier has been killing the ball as Puig’s fill-in and the Dodgers are winning.
May 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
James McCann will serve as the Tigers’ primary catcher in Avila’s absence.
May 14, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
Two of the fantastic plays actually coming on the same play.
May 14, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT
Buddy Carlyle is a Marriott Man.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
May 13, 2015, 11:54 PM EDT
Check out this montage of all 18 of Corey Kluber’s strikeouts Wednesday against the Cardinals …
May 13, 2015, 11:11 PM EDT
Francona was ejected in the top of the fourth, so he got to watch the final four innings of Kluber’s historically-great performance against the Cardinals from a comfortable chair in his office.
May 13, 2015, 10:07 PM EDT
Citizens Bank Park — home of the Philadelphia Phillies — is only around eight miles from the location of Tuesday night’s Amtrak train derailment that killed seven and injured hundreds of others.
May 13, 2015, 9:13 PM EDT
Kluber entered play Wednesday with a 5.04 season ERA, but it was only a matter of time before the 2014 American League Cy Young Award winner got going.
More Top Posts
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)