Aug 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The Miguel Cabrera bobbleheads given away to fans on Friday night contained a rather large error.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Rangers manager Ron Washington thinks ace Yu Darvish will return on August 25. Darvish was recently placed on the disabled list with a right elbow injury.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
The Brewers will be without Tyler Thornburg and Jim Henderson for the rest of the season due to elbow and shoulder injuries, respectively.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
After taking more than a month off to recuperate from an elbow injury, Ricky Nolasco will return to the Twins’ rotation for tonight’s game against the Royals.
Aug 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
If you haven’t been paying attention to Mo’Ne Davis in the Little League World Series, she gave you a big reason with her performance against Nashville on Friday.
Aug 15, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers added yet more pitching depth, acquiring Justin Germano from the Rangers.
Aug 15, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
Shane Robinson over Oscar Taveras?
Aug 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Fried was the No. 7 overall pick in the 2012 draft out of high school and ranked among Baseball America’s top 100 prospects heading into both last season and this season.
Aug 15, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
It didn’t help the Bambino, but it may have played some role in helping cancer patients who came after him.
Aug 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Bourn missed six weeks this time around and has struggled with hamstring injuries since last season.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski ranks all 30 MLB ballparks. Spoiler alert: Wrigley Field is No. 1.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
There are so many great ballparks in baseball right now, but Wrigley more than any of them – more even than Fenway Park, I think, though that’s a great debate – is the one that clings hardest to the past.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Encarnacion was having a monster season before the injury, hitting .277 with 26 homers and a league-high .979 OPS in 88 games.
Aug 15, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
Next year every ballpark will have them.
Aug 15, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Never pass up a chance to use the Smug Bud pic. Never.
Aug 15, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Johnson got released by the A’s after posting a 7.14 ERA in 38 appearances.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Jackson cracked Baseball America’s top-100 prospects list in 2010, 2011, and 2012–ranking 35th overall in the final year–and made his MLB debut as a 23-year-old in 2012.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Buxton collided full-speed with the right fielder while trying to make a diving catch and was unconscious for several minutes before being taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Aug 15, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Wait, why is Mickey Mantle’s pic on a post about underrated players?
Aug 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Between Double-A and Triple-A the 22-year-old third baseman is now hitting .336 with 40 homers, 33 doubles, 74 walks, 15 steals, and a 1.126 OPS in 122 games.
More Top Posts
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)