Oct 13, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Some luck, but some fundamentally sound play as well.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
It is now, practically speaking, 40 square inches larger than it was just five years ago.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Wong would give you the shirt off his back if you asked him. Maybe next time just ask him?
Oct 13, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Hale will replace Kirk Gibson.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
And he says the Orioles probably don’t think it is either.
Oct 13, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Crew Chief Joe West has been replaced by Rob McKenna, the Rain God, apparently.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:59 AM EDT
It’s better than being down 0-2, but…
Oct 13, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Watch the rocket Kolten Wong hit to tie up the NLCS at 1-1 for the Cardinals against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong ended a back-and-forth affair in Game 2 of the NLCS with a walk-off solo home run to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
The Giants tied the game in the top of the ninth inning of NLCS Game 2 in an unusual way.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
The middle innings haven’t been kind to the Cardinals in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
Yadier Molina left in the sixth inning of NLCS Game 2 with an injury.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Hunter Pence tied the game up with an RBI single in the sixth inning as the Giants pieced together a two-out rally in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:54 PM EDT
There were four questionable managerial decisions made in the bottom of the fourth inning of NLCS Game 2 between the Cardinals and Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Matt Carpenter’s post-season rampage continues. He hit his fourth home run in six playoff games, giving the Cardinals a 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Yadier Molina is now the Cardinals’ all-time post-season hits leader, passing Albert Pujols with a second-inning single in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Oscar Taveras didn’t have the best showing after making his major league debut on May 31. He’s on the bench once again as the Cardinals and Giants play Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Ned Yost can see into the future.
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
More Top Posts
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 27
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (111)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)