Apr 11, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Andrelton Simmons doing Andrelton Simmons things.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Justin Morneau hit an opposite-field home run for the 1,500th hit of his career.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Reds won in their final at-bat for the fourth time in four games to start the season. Tigers pitching finally yielded an earned run. Mark Buehrle won his 200th career game. Friday had a lot of interesting results.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz stepped out of the batter’s box on Opening Day and received a warning letter from Major League Baseball.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
On Friday against the Cardinals, the Reds became the first team since 1912 to win their first four games in their final at-bat.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
The Angels appear to be trying to throw Hamilton under the bus. But they don’t have a legal basis to do it.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Pitching has been the Tigers’ forte to start the season. They hadn’t allowed an earned run until the sixth inning on Friday against the Indians — their fourth game of the season.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 10, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
The Angels may try to use some language in Josh Hamilton’s contract to get out of paying him.
Apr 10, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The injury bug bites the Rangers again.
Apr 10, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton is the first player to steal six bases in his team’s first three games since Vince Coleman in 1987. Coleman was the last player to steal 100-plus bases. Could Hamilton accomplish the feat?
Apr 10, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Ian Kennedy suffered a mildly strained hamstring in his season debut and will be placed on the disabled list.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 10, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
It never ends for the Rangers.
Apr 10, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
Apr 10, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Which, I think anyway, makes this a zombie cliche.
Apr 10, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
Harper has three seasons and more than 1,500 plate appearances of experience in the big leagues, including two All-Star games and a Rookie of the Year award.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:55 PM EDT
They are Seventh Day Adventists who cannot work Friday and Saturday games due to their religious beliefs.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Starlin Castro rumors to start up again – if that trade speculation ever even stopped.
More Top Posts
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)