Apr 9, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
A new interpretation of an old rule is angering some folks around the league.
Apr 9, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
When the Rockies acquired right-hander Wilton Lopez from the Astros two offseasons ago he was coming off three consecutive seasons with a sub-3.00 ERA, but he mostly struggled for Colorado last season and now he’s headed back to the minors.
Apr 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
The Kansas City Royals have not hit a home run all season. That’s seven games, that’s pretty rare stuff.
Apr 9, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton has some serious, serious wheels.
Apr 9, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
It came from the 1970s.
Apr 9, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Marlins right-hander Jacob Turner hurt his shoulder taking batting practice prior to yesterday’s scheduled start. He was scratched from the outing against the Nationals and now the Marlins have placed him on the disabled list with a strained shoulder.
Apr 9, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Two players in no-win situations help their teams win.
Apr 9, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Does anyone thing Jim Johnson was the best relief pitcher in all of baseball the past two years? Yeah, me neither.
Apr 9, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
Everyone already knew that Royals rookie Yordano Ventura throws incredibly hard, but his 2014 debut last night was on a whole different level.
Apr 9, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
The 1990s and 2000s happened. Even if baseball would have you think they didn’t.
Apr 9, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Angels left-hander Sean Burnett began the season on the disabled list while continuing to recover from August elbow surgery and now his attempt to resume a throwing program has been shut down due to more soreness.
Apr 9, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Question: does this mean setup men will never be considered the best relievers?
Apr 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Not so long ago Indians right-hander Vinnie Pestano was one of the best relievers in baseball, throwing 132 innings with a 2.45 ERA and 160 strikeouts between 2011 and 2012, but he struggled with elbow problems last season and is now headed back to the minors at age 28.
Apr 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
It took a while, but last night we got our first manager ejection of the season when Cubs skipper Rick Renteria was tossed by umpire Jeff Nelson for arguing about a 1-2 pitch that was called a ball.
Apr 9, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
One of the dumber plays in baseball leads to an injury. Shocker.
Apr 9, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
Adam Jones did not mince words at all. And he’s the first player I’ve ever heard wish a shattered femur on someone.
Apr 9, 2014, 8:48 AM EDT
Maybe the ball is juiced! Or maybe weird things can happen in a week and change.
Apr 9, 2014, 8:14 AM EDT
You have the right to your own opinions. You do not have the right to your own facts. One would thing that, by now, this isn’t controversial.
Apr 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
A ton of guys had multi-homer games yesterday. Ryan Braun led the pack with his three. I’m sure that won’t bother anyone.
Apr 8, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
The Giants have tabled extension talks with third baseman Pablo Sandoval, who is scheduled to become a free agent five days after the conclusion of the 2014 World Series.
More Top Posts
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 92
- Matt Moore to undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery 14
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States 95
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)