Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
The Mets still have a few potential takers for starter Dillon Gee. They settled on a $5.3 million salary for the 2015 season on Friday.
Jan 16, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
The White Sox and Jeff Samardzija avoided an arbitration hearing, agreeing on a $9.8 million salary for the 2015 season.
Jan 16, 2015, 5:39 PM EST
Mets minor league pitcher Brandon Welch was served a 50-game suspension for using a drug of abuse.
Jan 16, 2015, 5:04 PM EST
The Yankees and starter Michael Pineda agreed on a $2.1 million salary on Friday, avoiding arbitration.
Jan 16, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Danks can play all three outfield spots and was once regarded as a solid prospect.
Jan 16, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
He’s topped 250 plate appearances for the Blue Jays in each of the past two seasons.
Jan 16, 2015, 1:11 PM EST
Price is 30 healthy starts away from getting $150 million or more (and maybe a lot more) on the open market as a free agent.
Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
He’ll take over in left field.
Jan 16, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
One fan base was going to be upset either way.
Jan 16, 2015, 10:10 AM EST
Strasburg was arbitration eligible for the second time after being paid $3.975 million in 2014.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He gets $2.5 million for his first two years of arbitration.
John Hart on the Braves: “We may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but we’re going to be a lot of fun to dance with”
Jan 16, 2015, 8:50 AM EST
FanGraphs currently projects the Braves to have MLB’s second-worst record in 2015.
Jan 16, 2015, 8:20 AM EST
“I’m going to do something not a lot of people get to do.”
Jan 16, 2015, 7:45 AM EST
Houston has too many catchers.
Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
The Yankees retained Chase Headley with the intent of using him as their regular third baseman in 2015, but Alex Rodriguez reportedly thinks he can win the job.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:46 PM EST
Carrasco is coming off a breakout season where he posted a 2.55 ERA and 140/29 K/BB ratio in 134 innings.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:19 PM EST
Paul Konerko retired last October after spending 18 seasons in the majors and the White Sox aren’t wasting any time to honor their longtime slugger.
Jan 15, 2015, 9:50 PM EST
The documentary features a memorable group of relievers from the 1990 World Series champion Reds known as “The Nasty Boys,” which comprised of Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble, and Randy Myers.
Jan 15, 2015, 9:02 PM EST
Troy Tulowitzki has been a popular topic of conversation with Mets fans for most of the offseason, but Rockies co-owner Charlie Monfort says a deal isn’t going to happen.
Jan 15, 2015, 8:09 PM EST
It’s not exactly an inspiring list.
More Top Posts
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)