Apr 11, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
This isn’t the most encouraging news for the Pirates…
Apr 11, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
Seth Smith’s groin injury has given Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon the impetus to use Nelson Cruz in the outfield more.
Apr 11, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
The Athletics will get Josh Reddick back on Sunday after he recovered from a strained right oblique.
Apr 11, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
The Rangers added some bullpen depth on Saturday, claiming Stolmy Pimentel off waivers from the Pirates.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
One of baseball’s top pitching prospects, Archie Bradley will make his major league debut Saturday night against the Dodgers.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Dee Gordon and Mat Latos found an elaborate way to celebrate Christian Yelich’s walk-off single on Friday night.
Apr 11, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will be in an unfamiliar position to start Saturday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox.
Apr 11, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen took himself out of Friday night’s game against the Brewers with discomfort in his left knee.
Apr 11, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
The Yankees don’t appear to be backing down from previous threats to take Alex Rodriguez to arbitration over his $30 million marketing agreement, which would pay him $6 million for each of five home run milestones.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Joey Votto was colorful in describing himself to the media after hitting a pair of home runs on Friday night.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Andrelton Simmons doing Andrelton Simmons things.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Justin Morneau hit an opposite-field home run for the 1,500th hit of his career.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Reds won in their final at-bat for the fourth time in four games to start the season. Tigers pitching finally yielded an earned run. Mark Buehrle won his 200th career game. Friday had a lot of interesting results.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz stepped out of the batter’s box on Opening Day and received a warning letter from Major League Baseball.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
On Friday against the Cardinals, the Reds became the first team since 1912 to win their first four games in their final at-bat.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
The Angels appear to be trying to throw Hamilton under the bus. But they don’t have a legal basis to do it.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Pitching has been the Tigers’ forte to start the season. They hadn’t allowed an earned run until the sixth inning on Friday against the Indians — their fourth game of the season.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 10, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
The Angels may try to use some language in Josh Hamilton’s contract to get out of paying him.
More Top Posts
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)