Feb 17, 2015, 9:04 PM EST
Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas commanded a $68.5 million contract from the Diamondbacks in November and Yoan Moncada has been drawing most of the headlines lately, but Hector Olivera appears poised to beat his fellow countrymen at the signing table.
Feb 17, 2015, 7:57 PM EST
Cubs president Theo Epstein recalled his courting of starting pitcher Jon Lester in an interview this week with Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com …
Feb 17, 2015, 6:42 PM EST
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers are “still in discussions with” free agent left-hander Phil Coke, who worked out for the club earlier this month.
Feb 17, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
Lindstrom has a 3.68 ERA in 421 career innings.
Feb 17, 2015, 5:10 PM EST
Nix has spent parts of seven seasons in the majors playing for eight different teams, including the Royals, Pirates, and Phillies last year.
Feb 17, 2015, 4:46 PM EST
If you’re suing your employer, it’s better to be in California than Florida. Minor leaguers suing baseball get to sue their employer in California.
Feb 17, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
He got into 113 games for the Marlins last year despite producing a .614 OPS.
Feb 17, 2015, 2:44 PM EST
Before blowing out his elbow Parnell posted a 2.79 ERA with 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings from 2010-2013.
Feb 17, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
Note: I did not hire a handwriting expert nor attempt to gauge another person’s sincerity in the composition of this post.
Feb 17, 2015, 1:18 PM EST
There. Now that’s all done and we can move on.
Feb 17, 2015, 1:13 PM EST
Add another name to the list!
Feb 17, 2015, 12:57 PM EST
Not really, but we’re glad to see he’s on Team BSOHL
Feb 17, 2015, 11:18 AM EST
Is it really that surprising?
Feb 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
He could’ve gotten ten years.
Feb 17, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Kim coached 15 years in the majors for the Cubs, Giants, Red Sox, and Expos.
Feb 17, 2015, 10:09 AM EST
It was one of only three player-specific museums left.
Feb 17, 2015, 7:50 AM EST
Who was the first big leaguer younger than you? Who was — or will be — the last one older than you?
Feb 16, 2015, 11:26 PM EST
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara struggled mightily down the stretch last season and he finally acknowledged to reporters today that it was injury-related.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:56 PM EST
Chen has pitched for 10 teams in the majors and could bring his total to 11 if he makes the Indians.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:21 PM EST
Zito began his career with the Athletics and won the AL Cy Young Award with the club in 2002.
More Top Posts
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (252)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)