Oct 14, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Ben Lindbergh runs the numbers and they don’t do a lot to justify Joe West’s selection as a postseason crew chief.
Oct 14, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
If they had this major when you went to school you never would’ve slacked on your reading.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
No, that’s not a typo. It was a three-way game.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
They’re literally going to cut his jaw bone and move the dang thing forward.
Oct 13, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Former Mets general manager Omar Minaya could be headed back to New York, this time with the Yankees. You heard that right.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
Before Kolten Wong connected for a walk-off home run to win Game 2 of the NLCS for the Cardinals last night, the Giants tied things up when Matt Duffy scored all the way from second base on a wild pitch from Trevor Rosenthal. Here’s a look at how it all went down.
Oct 13, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Braun struggled through the injury this season, finishing with a career-low .777 OPS.
Oct 13, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Long was the Yankees’ hitting coach from 2007 to 2014.
Oct 13, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
The latest round of changes to Citi Field will be specific to the right field and right-center field fences.
Oct 13, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
Yadier Molina was forced to exit Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants last night due to an oblique injury, but Cardinals manager Mike Matheny confirmed this afternoon that he will remain on the team’s roster.
Oct 13, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
“Thought it would’ve been too weird.”
Oct 13, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
Did you know that, in Chinese, the symbol for rain is the same as the symbol for opportunity? OK, that’s not true, actually.
Oct 13, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
A novel approach met with some bumps on Saturday, but showed some promise as well.
Oct 13, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Avila takes a beating behind the plate, but says he’s going to play on.
Oct 13, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Neither option to replace Yadier Molina is appealing.
Oct 13, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Last postseason Shelby Miller was the young, high-upside pitcher ignored by the Cardinals in the playoffs, but this time around it’s Michael Wacha.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Well, at least he’s consistent.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
No pitcher has worked more over the past three season than Adam Wainwright.
More Top Posts
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)