Dec 9, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Lester is soon expected to have final offers to choose from.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
It’s a decent match on paper, but neither club is “overly optimistic” that a deal will ultimately get done.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
For someone who batted just .184 this past season, veteran catcher David Ross is pretty popular right now.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
It was reported earlier today that the Tigers “are prepared to spend big, big dollars” to re-sign right-hander Max Scherzer, but general manager Dave Dombrowski is singing a very different tune.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Hamels would be a perfectly suitable “Plan B” for the Red Sox or Cubs if they miss out on Jon Lester.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Kemp appears more and more likely to be headed to the Padres.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Gordon is coming off a solid season in which he batted .289/.326/.378 over 148 games while leading the majors with 64 stolen bases.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Braves will likely try him at second base, though he can play basically anywhere.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
After acquiring Miguel Montero from the Diamondbacks today, the Cubs are expected to move Welington Castillo.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Which is a neat way of saying “nah, we really don’t want to trade Evan Gattis”
Dec 9, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
An exercise in expectation management? A concession?
Dec 9, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Montero was an All-Star in 2011 and signed a five-year, $60 million contract extension in May of 2012.
Dec 9, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Which seems like a pretty weak move to me, frankly.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Perhaps the worst hitter in baseball is on the move.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:14 PM EST
He has covered the Tigers since 1979.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Boston would send Sean Coyle to Philly in return.
Dec 9, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Good news for Scherzer’s agent.
Dec 9, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
He won’t move the team out of the Tampa Bay area, he said. But the next guy probably will.
More Top Posts
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 22
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (135)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)