Apr 7, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Added to the Rangers’ rotation following a rash of injuries, Joe Saunders is now headed to the disabled list with a bruised ankle.
Apr 7, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Did Derek Jeter just … forget to hustle?
Apr 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco has been activated from the disabled list after being sidelined since the middle of spring training with an oblique injury.
Apr 7, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
It’d be cooler if they had a scrawny kid in horned-rim glasses nicknamed “professor” who followed the manager around and immediately told them what to do, but this is OK too I guess.
Apr 7, 2014, 1:19 PM EDT
Also: is Yu Darvish the most dominant starter in baseball?
Apr 7, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
The latest 30-second explainer video.
Apr 7, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
In the wake of Will Middlebrooks’ calf injury the Red Sox have signed Ryan Roberts to help fill in at third base, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com.
Apr 7, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
No, really. Jeter actually said something thought-provoking in an interview. This is not a drill.
Apr 7, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Martin Maldonado is the Brewers’ backup catcher behind top-notch starter Jonathan Lucroy, so he doesn’t play much, but when he does get into the game sometimes he makes ridiculously good plays like this one yesterday against the Red Sox.
Apr 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
“And … yes! That’s out number 21! Clayton Kershaw has pitched his 10th career no-hitter!”
Apr 7, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Oakland has another option if closer Jim Johnson continues to struggle, activating Ryan Cook from the disabled list after the right-hander missed the first week of the season with a strained shoulder.
Apr 7, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Cleveland Frowns’ Peter Pattakos is on the case.
Apr 7, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Initially when J.J. Hardy sat out a game last week with back spasms the Orioles said it was merely a precautionary move early in a long season, but the shortstop had to skip Sunday’s game with more back spasms.
Apr 7, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Question: can we still do the Harlem Shake there? Planking?
Apr 7, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
He looks good throwing. He looks horrible in street clothes.
Apr 7, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
From the mouths of babes.
Apr 7, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
And talks about what has happened in his life over the past 17+ years.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 6, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Sonny Gray makes a play you don’t see every day.
Apr 6, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig gets medical test results after injuring his thumb on Saturday.
More Top Posts
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Matt Moore to undergo season-ending Tommy John surgery 14
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States 95
- John Farrell says it’s “extremely difficult to have any faith” in instant replay 60
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)