Apr 10, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The injury bug bites the Rangers again.
Apr 10, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton is the first player to steal six bases in his team’s first three games since Vince Coleman in 1987. Coleman was the last player to steal 100-plus bases. Could Hamilton accomplish the feat?
Apr 10, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Ian Kennedy suffered a mildly strained hamstring in his season debut and will be placed on the disabled list.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 10, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
It never ends for the Rangers.
Apr 10, 2015, 4:40 PM EDT
Apr 10, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Which, I think anyway, makes this a zombie cliche.
Apr 10, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
Harper has three seasons and more than 1,500 plate appearances of experience in the big leagues, including two All-Star games and a Rookie of the Year award.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:55 PM EDT
They are Seventh Day Adventists who cannot work Friday and Saturday games due to their religious beliefs.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Starlin Castro rumors to start up again – if that trade speculation ever even stopped.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Ervin Santana is suspended and Ricky Nolasco is hurt, so May gets a chance.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
At the earliest.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s been out since March 20 with a hamstring injury.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
By letting him go and then bringing him back the Rays avoided paying Casilla the $100,000 veteran retention bonus.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT
It was mostly in good fun, I think, but Blyleven’s bosses made him apologize, it appears.
Apr 10, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
There’s a right way and a wrong way to throw your gum away.
Apr 10, 2015, 8:21 AM EDT
Major League Baseball made a truly radical promotional ad. And it’s truly excellent.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
The Rays already lost first baseman James Loney earlier this week due to a mild right oblique strain, but now John Jaso will join him on the 15-day disabled list due to a jammed left wrist.
Apr 9, 2015, 10:49 PM EDT
Bryce Harper had some complimentary words for Matt Harvey after striking out three times against the Mets’ ace on Thursday.
More Top Posts
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)