Bob Bowman defends the All-Star vote, says that “the horses are still in the pasture, not in the barn”
Jun 19, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
60-65 million votes out of 365 million cast have been thrown out. But that’s a feature of the system, not a bug.
If all those Royals get voted into the All-Star game it could cost Kansas City $1.25 million in bonuses
Jun 19, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
Omar Infante would get $500,000.
Jun 19, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Aiken failed to sign with the Astros as the No. 1 pick last year.
Jun 19, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
He’ll step into the lineup for the injured Hunter Pence.
Jun 19, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
He was suspended “for repeated failures to comply with his contract.”
Jun 19, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
A trade, finally?
Jun 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Is his surgically repaired knee still an issue?
Jun 19, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
His father died on Tuesday. R.A. Dickey gutted out a win last night.
Jun 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Acquired from the Padres in the Craig Kimbrel trade.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:58 AM EDT
There was no career like Lonnie Smith’s. Ever.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
You think a guy is your friend, man . . .
Jun 19, 2015, 8:35 AM EDT
The Houston Chronicle reports that the hacks went back as far as 2012.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff balk is just the latest weird occurrence in a weird week of baseball.
Jun 18, 2015, 11:22 PM EDT
The Twins have released outfielder Jordan Schafer, who has been out since mid-May with a knee injury.
Jun 18, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Harper suffered the injury while attempting to make a throw in the sixth inning.
Jun 18, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Vote early, vote often. Hundreds of times if you’d like.
Jun 18, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez is now at 2,999 hits for his career.
Jun 18, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
After going 4-for-5 with a triple, two RBI, and three runs scored in his first major league start last night, Cubs rookie Kyle Schwarber launched his first major league home run — a two-run shot — tonight against the Indians.
Jun 18, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said that Tommy John surgery is not “on our radar” while describing Lagares’ injury as merely elbow soreness.
Jun 18, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Only Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson was younger.
More Top Posts
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)