Jan 10, 2015, 11:51 PM EST
Adam Jones and David Ortiz made a friendly wager on Saturday’s playoff game between the Ravens and Patriots. The loser would make a $5,000 donation to the winner’s charity.
Jan 10, 2015, 9:57 PM EST
CC Sabathia will start throwing bullpens at the end of January as he recovers from knee surgery last July.
Jan 10, 2015, 8:43 PM EST
Shin-Soo Choo is only a few months removed from ankle surgery, but he says he feels “too good” with spring training drawing close.
Jan 10, 2015, 7:32 PM EST
The Marlins would be thrilled if Dan Haren showed up to spring training. Haren has said he intends to pitch only on the West coast, near his home.
Jan 10, 2015, 6:24 PM EST
Two-time Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana will attempt to return to the major leagues again in 2015.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:29 PM EST
Francisco spent last season with the Blue Jays and batted .220 with 16 home runs and a .747 OPS over 106 games.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Josh Reddick openly criticized the logic behind the Josh Donaldson deal, but he’s back on board with Billy Beane’s plan after today’s trade for Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar.
Jan 10, 2015, 4:26 PM EST
Here’s a friendly reminder that Valverde served as the Mets’ closer for a stretch last season.
Jan 10, 2015, 3:49 PM EST
Mark Mulder saw his comeback attempt come to an abrupt end last February when he ruptured his left Achilles tendon while doing agility drills prior to a bullpen session in Angels camp. He might not be done.
Jan 10, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery last October to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture in his foot.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:48 AM EST
The Diamondbacks have asked the Cubs about Welington Castillo and the Blue Jays about Dioner Navarro, but general manager Dave Stewart says the club isn’t making much progress in trade talks.
Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 AM EST
Cano suffered a broken toe during the Japan Series in November and wants to test it out before spring training.
Jan 10, 2015, 8:58 AM EST
The two sides are reportedly close to a four-year deal.
Jan 9, 2015, 11:24 PM EST
It’s not known why, but the minor league deal between the Blue Jays and Ryan Kalish has fallen through.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:37 PM EST
The Rays’ one-year deal with Asdrubal Cabrera has been made official. He’ll earn $7.5 million in 2015.
Jan 9, 2015, 9:46 PM EST
Jurickson Profar will take the next step as he progresses from a torn muscle in his shoulder suffered last spring.
Jan 9, 2015, 8:59 PM EST
Reliever John Axford is drawing a bit of interest, including from the Blue Jays.
Jan 9, 2015, 8:04 PM EST
Was Carlos Delgado overlooked on the Hall of Fame ballot?
Jan 9, 2015, 7:21 PM EST
Dodgers infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena has been outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
More Top Posts
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)