Aug 9, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Brad Penny is back in the majors for the first time since 2012.
Aug 9, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Bad news for the first-place Tigers.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Yankees catcher Brian McCann suffered what’s being termed as a “mild concussion” after he was hit in the mask by a foul tip in the third inning last night against the Indians.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Sidelined for over two months with a stress fracture in his right wrist, Rays outfielder Wil Myers is slated to begin a minor league rehab assignment today with Triple-A Durham.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
Hanley Ramirez has already missed 24 starts this year due to calf and shoulder injuries.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Crazy things tend to happen when Yasiel Puig is around. Here’s the latest example.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Nick Swisher’s play at first base this year hasn’t impressed Indians GM Chris Antonelli, who suggested on Friday that Swisher could move back to the outfield next season.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
The Chris Young experiment in Queens is over, as the Mets designated the outfielder for assignment on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
It might be tough for the Marlins to lock up Giancarlo Stanton, according to Jon Heyman’s report.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
George Springer suffered a minor setback in a minor league rehab game earlier this week, and the Astros will reevaluate him over the weekend.
Aug 8, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Derek Jeter keeps on making history. He tied Honus Wagner for sixth on baseball’s all-time hits list with his 3,430th hit on Friday night against the Indians.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
It’s been a trying year for Bryce Harper, but the Washington Nationals are in first place despite the struggling star.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The Pirates will wait a few extra days, if necessary, before deciding if they’ll place outfielder Andrew McCutchen on the disabled list.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list due to hip and groin injuries.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Brandon Belt’s tough summer continues, as the Giants have placed him back on the 7-day concussion disabled list.
Aug 8, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Frieri posted a 7.34 ERA in 48 appearances, which is shockingly bad for a 28-year-old who came into this season with a career 2.76 ERA and 315 strikeouts in 231 innings.
Aug 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
More injury woes for Tex.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Geovany Soto made it just three games between disabled list stints last time, so the Rangers will hope the veteran catcher can stick around on the active roster for a bit longer now.
More Top Posts
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)