Sep 9, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
And I somehow get emotional about this.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Pedroia has hit a career-low .278 with seven homers and a career-worst .712 OPS in 135 games after posting an OPS above .780 in each of his first seven full seasons.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Just last week David Wright was saying his season-long shoulder problems finally felt improved and he had a few good games in a row, but now the Mets third baseman is again out of the lineup for tonight’s game.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Gardner is having arguably the best season of his career, hitting .269 with a career-high 16 homers and a career-high .784 OPS in 133 games.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
He’s not yet up to the same number of simulated games as real games this year, but it’s getting close.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
On the bright side, they may be running out of things to put a logo on at the MLB offices.
Sep 9, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
“That is absolutely something that is on my list.”
Sep 9, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
That’s way more than I expected.
Sep 9, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
Surely this will turn things around for the free-falling A’s.
Sep 9, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
It’s not one thing with the Oakland Athletics’ ongoing collapse: it’s everything.
Sep 9, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Sandy Alderson preaches prudence and patience. A lot of Mets fans are probably getting tired of this.
Sep 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Bryant, who was selected second overall in last year’s draft out of the University of San Diego, hit .325 with a 1.098 OPS and minor league-leading 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A at age 22.
Sep 9, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The independent leagues can be gimmicky. But they also can be laboratories.
Sep 9, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez exited his September 1 start with a strained oblique muscle, which seemed likely to knock him out for most and perhaps all of the season’s final month, but he’s already been cleared to return.
Sep 9, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Good to see the future Hall-of-Famer on the mend.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
A’s reliever Jesse Chavez literally walked off the field as soon as the pitch was hit.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
There aren’t many two-way players anymore. There’s a pretty good one in Japan.
Sep 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Pena hit .270 with 29 homers and an .896 OPS in 119 games this season in Japan.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Maybe they’re reacting now. But better to react here than to react the next time a ballplayer commits and act of violence.
Sep 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
We feel the same way, Clayton.
More Top Posts
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)