Apr 14, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Christian Yelich has been scratched from the starting lineup for Tuesday night’s game against the Braves because of tightness in his back. Ichiro Suzuki will get the start in left field …
Apr 14, 2015, 5:34 PM EDT
It won’t be long now.
Apr 14, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
The Red Sox swingman was in Pawtucket, but figured to contribute to the big club sometime this year.
Apr 14, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
Matt Thornton is the Nationals’ only lefty reliever now.
Apr 14, 2015, 3:41 PM EDT
Brock Holt is starting at shortstop for today’s game against Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals.
Apr 14, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Turns out that, in reality, he DOES want to respect the game.
Apr 14, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
Brantley played Opening Day, sat out two games, returned for one game Friday, and is now out of the lineup for a third straight game.
Apr 14, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Michael Taylor has been filling in as the Nationals’ center fielder and leadoff man.
Apr 14, 2015, 1:27 PM EDT
The former Rockies pitcher is coming back from shoulder issues and a bad spring.
Apr 14, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
The fallacy in which a “smart business decision” is equated with “good behavior.”
Apr 14, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Rios came to the Royals via free agency as the replacement for Norichika Aoki.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s a story of exclusivity of a men’s club. And an odd desire for irrational symmetry.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:16 AM EDT
Howard is 4-for-24 (.167) with zero walks and eight strikeouts through six games.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He looked OK dumping water on Alex Guerrero, though.
Apr 14, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Giants home opener was a quaint, understated affair featuring horseback riding pitchers and someone singing “We are the Champions”
Apr 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
“I’d rather not have a bunch of fines.”
Apr 14, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
For an encore they’re going to prove that black is white and get themselves killed on the next zebra crossing.
Apr 14, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
A security expert explains why putting metal detectors at the ballpark is ineffective, cynical and dumb.
Apr 14, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
It’s a complicated case, Maude. A lotta ins, a lotta outs. And certain things have come to light. He hired himself, man! Did that ever occur to you?
Apr 14, 2015, 8:25 AM EDT
One guy draws attention to himself, thinks he’s more important than everyone else and doesn’t follow rules. The other one is the Yankees DH.
More Top Posts
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)