Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Crazy things tend to happen when Yasiel Puig is around. Here’s the latest example.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Nick Swisher’s play at first base this year hasn’t impressed Indians GM Chris Antonelli, who suggested on Friday that Swisher could move back to the outfield next season.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
The Chris Young experiment in Queens is over, as the Mets designated the outfielder for assignment on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
It might be tough for the Marlins to lock up Giancarlo Stanton, according to Jon Heyman’s report.
Aug 8, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
George Springer suffered a minor setback in a minor league rehab game earlier this week, and the Astros will reevaluate him over the weekend.
Aug 8, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Derek Jeter keeps on making history. He tied Honus Wagner for sixth on baseball’s all-time hits list with his 3,430th hit on Friday night against the Indians.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
It’s been a trying year for Bryce Harper, but the Washington Nationals are in first place despite the struggling star.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The Pirates will wait a few extra days, if necessary, before deciding if they’ll place outfielder Andrew McCutchen on the disabled list.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list due to hip and groin injuries.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
Brandon Belt’s tough summer continues, as the Giants have placed him back on the 7-day concussion disabled list.
Aug 8, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Frieri posted a 7.34 ERA in 48 appearances, which is shockingly bad for a 28-year-old who came into this season with a career 2.76 ERA and 315 strikeouts in 231 innings.
Aug 8, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
More injury woes for Tex.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
Geovany Soto made it just three games between disabled list stints last time, so the Rangers will hope the veteran catcher can stick around on the active roster for a bit longer now.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Everything you want to know about how your favorite park stacks up in terms of craft beer offerings.
Aug 8, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
David Robertson has been fantastic taking over for Mariano Rivera as the Yankees’ closer, converting 31-of-33 save chances with a 2.62 ERA, .191 opponents’ batting average, and 71 strikeouts in 45 innings.
Aug 8, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
The Cubs’ young slugger makes his home debut
Aug 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: The 1970s were really, really weird.
Aug 8, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Wilson had a 3.34 ERA on June 19. Since then he’s allowed 32 runs in 24 innings with a 21/14 K/BB ratio and .394 opponents’ batting average.
More Top Posts
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (89)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)