Sep 5, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Wieland hasn’t pitched in a big-league game since May 6, 2012.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Carlos Zambrano is hanging out at Wrigley Field today and told reporters he’s done trying to make a comeback, officially calling it quits at age 33.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Probably got off easy, actually.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Last season Domonic Brown was an All-Star for the Phillies, hitting .272 with 27 homers and an .818 OPS to finally break through at age 25 after years as a top prospect in waiting.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
I put the number of comments before we see someone making a dumb argument about this somehow violating the Indians’ First Amendment rights at, oh, 8.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer has had a solid season for Cleveland, posting a 4.22 ERA in 22 starts while striking out 124 batters in 130 innings as a 23-year-old, but his first-inning struggles have the Indians talking to him about making changes.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s considering it. But he also may consider heading back to San Diego.
Sep 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Coffey certainly pitched well enough at Triple-A to get a September call-up, posting a 1.93 ERA and 34/16 K/BB ratio in 37 innings while saving 11 games for Tacoma.
Sep 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
When you depend on historic preservation tax cuts to fund your ballaprk, you had best pay attention to preserving the historic character of the joint.
Sep 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
He has a 5.70 ERA in 24 innings since July 1 after posting a 2.34 ERA from April through June.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Another bad outing last night may end the Sox’ closer’s season.
Sep 5, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Fortunately, the Angels have a nice cushion in the AL West at the moment.
Sep 5, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
He as over 8,000 followers as I type this. But even if you discount it to, like, 5000 followers, it’s still really impressive.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Sep 4, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
Matt Harvey will go into the winter “without having faced a batter and never being allowed to throw at full strength.”
Sep 4, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
For the millionth time, Zack Greinke is the best.
Sep 4, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Young has allowed eight runs on 11 hits and seven walks in 4 1/3 innings over his last two starts.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia suffered a concussion last Saturday when he took a forearm to the head in a collision with Rays infielder Logan Forsythe at second base.
More Top Posts
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)