Oct 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
How and why baseball makes its political donations
Oct 22, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
This year the Padres scored the fewest runs in baseball, by far, as they totaled 535 runs and the second-to-last Braves scored 573.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
I think that constitutes more than 15%.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Long was the Yankees’ hitting coach from 2007-2014 and during that time they scored the second-most runs in baseball, but aging and injuries turned the lineup into one of the league’s worst for the past two seasons and he took the fall.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
In other news, this answers the age-old question: are there Marlins fans?
Oct 22, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Maybe not. But they really can’t go down 2-0.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
No, they didn’t actually wager a living baby or anything. That would be weird. They just bet on whether they should have one.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
It may cost them $100 million to get him, but they certainly could use him.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
He as 12.75 million reasons to do so.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
No one likes their routines to get messed up, but forgive me if I have trouble caring too terribly much about the complaints voiced thus far.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The celebration was over before it really began Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium. Can the Royals get the party started again?
Oct 22, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Giants, Hunter Pence bring down the house in Kansas City. It may be a sign of things to come.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Paul Molitor remains the frontrunner.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:53 AM EDT
Not living up to a nickname: forgivable. Not giving your team a chance to win in the World Series: a way bigger problem.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
And to fight history: 15 of the last 17 Game 1 winners have gone on to win the World Series.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
It’s up to the rookie in Wednesday’s Game 2.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:41 PM EDT
The 2014 Royals have finally dropped a postseason game. And it was an ugly one for the home team.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Giants starter Madison Bumgarner was working on a shutout in Game 1 of the World Series on Wednesday night at Kauffman Stadium until Royals catcher Salvador Perez slugged a two-out solo shot over the left field fence.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
Royals manager Ned Yost has gone to the bullpen early in Game 1 of the World Series, lifting starter James Shields after he allowed an RBI single to Giants designated hitter Michael Morse in the top of the fourth inning.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
The Giants exploded for three runs in the top of the first inning on singles by Gregor Blanco and Buster Posey, a double by Pablo Sandoval, and a Hunter Pence two-run homer to center field.
More Top Posts
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)