Feb 8, 2015, 2:09 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Reds have signed third baseman Todd Frazier to a two-year, $12 million contract. It covers Frazier’s first two years of arbitration-eligibility.
Feb 8, 2015, 12:52 PM EST
New commissioner Rob Manfred said last month that he might consider banning defensive shifts to help boost offensive production, but it didn’t seem like a very well-thought-out suggestion — how would you implement such a ban? — and it doesn’t sound like there’s much support for it in MLB front offices.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:59 AM EST
It’s almost a consensus by now that Shields is going to wind up in San Diego, but there are obviously other teams in the mix or the 33-year-old right-hander would have already signed with the Padres.
Feb 8, 2015, 9:46 AM EST
We’re getting close, people.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Kevin Cash plans to offer lineup stability in his first season at the helm of the Rays, a significant change from the way former manager Joe Maddon operated.
Feb 7, 2015, 9:55 PM EST
James Shields said he never turned down a $110 million offer made earlier this off-season. He is expected to sign with a team by Sunday evening.
Feb 7, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
Padres starter Andrew Cashner said he’d “love to stay in San Diego”.
Feb 7, 2015, 7:35 PM EST
Barry Bonds will be back with the Giants in spring training as an instructor, but the organization is discussing giving him a more permanent role.
Feb 7, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
After some consideration, Reds GM Walt Jocketty isn’t sure if Dayan Viciedo is a fit for the club.
Feb 7, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
Former Braves third baseman Chipper Jones issued an apology today for his recent tweet regarding the Sandy Hook tragedy.
Feb 7, 2015, 5:07 PM EST
Is the James Shields saga finally reaching a conclusion?
Feb 7, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Below mostly pitched as a starter last season with the Tigers’ Triple-A affiliate.
Feb 7, 2015, 3:10 PM EST
Walker lost his arbitration case against the Pirates even coming off the best season of his career.
Feb 7, 2015, 2:19 PM EST
MLB has traditionally alternated All-Star Game host cities between leagues, but Cincinnati is lined up for this year and San Diego is set to host next year. New MLB commissioner Rob Manfred thinks now is the perfect time to bring some more changes.
Feb 7, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
The Reds will see if Kevin Gregg has anything to offer as they signed him to a minor league contract on Saturday.
Feb 7, 2015, 12:49 PM EST
The Reds signed reliever Burke Badenhop to a one-year deal on Saturday, bolstering their bullpen.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:41 AM EST
Parker, 26, missed the entire 2014 season after undergoing the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Feb 7, 2015, 11:10 AM EST
It has been rumored for a while, but the Giants finally unveiled their new home alternate black jerseys yesterday.
Feb 7, 2015, 10:09 AM EST
The Cubs insist that there is nothing to the tampering claim.
Feb 7, 2015, 8:55 AM EST
Jon Niese was bothered by some arm issues last season, but as these things often go, we don’t learn how painful it really was until way after the fact.
More Top Posts
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)