Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:01 AM EST
The story of the struggle and the triumph of baseball’s Ambassador for Inclusion
Feb 10, 2015, 9:29 AM EST
I’d guess that’d be about a week after the twelfth of never.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:03 AM EST
The disease has dogged him for three years now.
Feb 10, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
The second part of John Paschal’s investigation of the players we hate over at The Hardball Times.
Feb 10, 2015, 7:18 AM EST
The plans are only in preliminary stages at the moment, however.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:48 PM EST
CC Sabathia topped 200 innings in seven consecutive seasons from 2007-2013, but he was limited to just eight starts last season due to right knee surgery. He’s hoping to get back to being a workhorse in 2015.
Feb 9, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. said late last month that he was expecting left-hander Cole Hamels to still be with the team when the season begins. He still feels the same way today.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EST
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:02 PM EST
Navarro hit .274 with 12 homers and a .712 OPS in 139 games last season .
Feb 9, 2015, 6:34 PM EST
There’s a lot riding on Masahiro Tanaka’s elbow this season.
Feb 9, 2015, 4:07 PM EST
Of course, he was healthy last year at this time too.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:47 PM EST
He requested $5 million for 2015 and the Cardinals countered at $4.1 million.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
This year’s winner has been taken off the beat before he can even give his acceptance speech.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
Elmore was dropped from the 40-man roster by the Pirates last week
Feb 9, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
Rogers Centre will become yet another in the majority of parks which offer fans Wi-Fi. Does yours?
Feb 9, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Feb 9, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
With a cameo appearance from Alex Rodriguez!
Feb 9, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
Moncada has held private workouts for interested teams and the 19-year-old is expected to land a big contract, perhaps in excess of $40 million.
The fifth greatest general manager of all time built a team that won 14 of 16 pennants. Then he was fired.
Feb 9, 2015, 11:22 AM EST
He’s the man who put Berra, Mantle and Ford together. Those were some fairly decent teams.
More Top Posts
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)