Jul 14, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
Cespedes repeats. And a new Home Run Derby format fizzles.
Jul 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
We’re keeping a running commentary on the Home Run Derby. So you don’t have to.
Jul 14, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Hey, remember Jose Bautista before he was Jose Bautista?
Jul 14, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
The Braves are being sued by the family of a six-year-old girl whose skull was fractured by a foul ball during a game at Turner Field on August 30, 2010.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The former top prospect is on the move again.
Jul 14, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers revealed two weeks ago that the team promised to call Trevor Cahill back up to the majors when they demoted the right-hander and his $30 million contract to Single-A.
Jul 14, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Starlin Castro stands at his locker and takes the heat when things go wrong. He never asks for days off. He won’t let the money or the trade rumors change him.
Jul 14, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
It’s sassy, but not pretentious.
Jul 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Colon has mediocre overall numbers thanks to a poor first six weeks, but since mid-May he’s started 10 games with a 2.74 ERA and 51/12 K/BB ratio in 72 innings.
Jul 14, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
He used to argue that PED users were worse than him. Now he wants them in the Hall of Fame.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 14, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez injuring his ankle stepping in a hole provided the Orioles with an opportunity to give Kevin Gausman an extended chance in the starting rotation and now it sounds like they’re telling Jimenez to take his sweet time coming back.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is the favorite. Who else is in the hunt?
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Mike Matheny’s decision over in the National League was a tough one, but American League manager John Farrell had an easy call for tomorrow night’s starter: Felix Hernandez.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw is the reigning Cy Young winner, threw a no-hitter last month, and leads the league in ERA, but Cardinals manager Mike Matheny has chosen his own ace, St. Louis right-hander Adam Wainwright, to start for the National League tomorrow night.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Not the sort of thing team brass typically says.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Gomes is making $5 million in the second season of a two-year, $10 million deal, but at age 33 he’s struggled at the plate by hitting just .234 with five homers and a .680 OPS in 67 games.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
We’ll probably watch it tonight. But it’ll still be boring old hat. Let’s freshen things up a bit.
Jul 14, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon was made it very clear that he wants out of Philadelphia, but A.J. Burnett said yesterday that he has no plans to request a trade from the Phillies.
More Top Posts
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 84
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 89
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)