Aug 6, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
A development which has caused me to become fatalistic about the universe.
Aug 6, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Last season around this time the Cubs decided not to trade Nate Schierholtz in the middle of a career-year.
Aug 6, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
One would think that name-naming is the entire purpose of Major League Baseball’s PED enforcement.
Aug 6, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Kevin Mitchell: Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Aug 6, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Yes, Theo Epstein sees the light at the end of the tunnel, but that doesn’t mean the prospects are getting an E-Z Pass to the big leagues.
Aug 6, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Sounds to me like Tony La Russa is blaming the victim. Or else he’s simply writing more rules in the great Unwritten Rule Book.
Aug 6, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Not only did the Marlins surprise a lot of people by designating for assignment one-time top prospect Jacob Turner–who at 23 years old still has plenty of upside–they’re apparently thinking of replacing him in the rotation with 36-year-old Brad Penny.
Aug 6, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
To understand what’s going on with the Commissioner search requires understanding of who rules baseball. Note: it is not the Commissioner.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Something’s just not adding up at the moment for a Nationals club that at times looks like the most-dominant team in the National League yet lately has been finding creative and agonizing ways to lose ballgames.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
One of the weirder plays you’ll see.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
So now that he’s in St. Louis should the 37-year-old catcher be angry with how things went in Boston?
Aug 6, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
It has a mustache.
Aug 6, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
After numerous delays in his recovery from a bulging disk in his lower back Giants center fielder Angel Pagan is finally ready to come off the disabled list and is expected to rejoin the lineup Thursday.
Aug 6, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
Howard reminds us that he’s still here.
Aug 6, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Michael Wacha took a big step in his recovery from a stress reaction in his shoulder by starting a throwing program Tuesday after six weeks on the sidelines.
Aug 6, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
But really, it’s totally possible to be angry at the Dbcaks over this regardless of the damage it caused.
Aug 6, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
The Big Donkey took the hill. And it was fantastic.
Aug 6, 2014, 8:38 AM EDT
The future arrived for the Chicago Cubs last night. At least a very important part of it. And Javier Baez delivered when it mattered most.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
He was excellent on Tuesday night. And he showed why the Tigers will be better for having him every other night.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
More Top Posts
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)