Jan 5, 2015, 2:43 PM EST
Ichiro would likely be a backup outfielder next season.
Jan 5, 2015, 1:41 PM EST
It’s good to settle this sort of thing now, while there’s time.
Jan 5, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
Harang had an ugly 2013 season, but bounced back nicely at age 36 to throw 204 innings with a 3.57 ERA and 161/71 K/BB ratio for the Braves.
Jan 5, 2015, 11:42 AM EST
I think that’s the one with the Harlem Globetrotters in it.
Jan 5, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
The Hall of Fame is not about the best players anymore. Indeed, it’s not about the players at all. It’s about the voters.
Jan 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Bonifacio isn’t much of a hitter, but he’s very fast and can play just about anywhere defensively.
Jan 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
The Braves deal with Cobb County continues to be highly instructive. Both as to how a ballpark deal gets done and as to how something can be wrong, even if it is permissible.
Jan 5, 2015, 8:53 AM EST
If you say now what the Sporting News said about pitcher wins in 1888, you’re labeled some sort of new age stats geek.
Jan 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
Jerry Green of the Detroit News has one of the oddest Hall of Fame ballots you’ll ever see.
Jan 5, 2015, 6:19 AM EST
There are other sports besides baseball apparently. Who knew?
Jan 5, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
James Shields has a five-year, $110 million offer from an unknown team according to a report from Ken Rosenthal.
Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe provides some more information detailing how concussions affected Dan Uggla over the last two years.
Jan 4, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
The Marlins are showing interest in James Shields, though they still hope Dan Haren shows up to spring training.
Jan 4, 2015, 7:47 PM EST
White Sox second base prospect Micah Johnson wants to be a general manager when his playing career is over. He’ll battle for the starting 2B job this spring.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EST
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Jan 4, 2015, 3:38 PM EST
Hank Peters, former general manager of the Orioles and Indians, has passed away at age 90. He spent nearly 50 years working in baseball.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Jan 4, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
It’s hard to get a read on James Shields’ market.
Jan 4, 2015, 9:36 AM EST
Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that the Royals have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with free agent reliever Ryan Madson. The deal includes an invitation to major league spring training …
Jan 3, 2015, 10:22 PM EST
Back problems have kept Oswaldo Arcia out of the lineup in the Venezuelan Winter League. Arcia suffered from back problems in the second half of the regular season as well.
More Top Posts
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)